FIU is now Horizon Independent

Due to lack of funding, the FIU Performance Ensemble has changed their name to Horizon Independent. The university decided that they no longer wanted to fund a competitive unit so changing our name was the only option. We're excited for the upcoming season with a talented staff and dedicated membership. Staff will include:

Herman Rios-Director

Dina Lopez-Assistant Director

Leon May-Drill Designer

Patty Stetson-Consultant

Devaughn Robinson- Equipment

Hector Fermaint-Equipment

Malcolm Barraza-Movement

Michael Rosales-Choreography

To find out more information about the guard and upcoming clinics, visit our website at www.horizonyouth.org

Due to lack of funding, the FIU Performance Ensemble has changed their name to Horizon Independent. The university decided that they no longer wanted to fund a competitive unit so changing our name was the only option. We're excited for the upcoming season with a talented staff and dedicated membership. Staff will include:

Herman Rios-Director

Dina Lopez-Assistant Director

Leon May-Drill Designer

Patty Stetson-Consultant

Devaughn Robinson- Equipment

Hector Fermaint-Equipment

Malcolm Barraza-Movement

Michael Rosales-Choreography

To find out more information about the guard and upcoming clinics, visit our website at www.horizonyouth.org

is this the same staff from FIU??? I was just saying the other day on my facebook how much I LOVVVVVVED FIUs 2010 music... that was Explosions in the Sky right??

is this the same staff from FIU??? I was just saying the other day on my facebook how much I LOVVVVVVED FIUs 2010 music... that was Explosions in the Sky right??

Hi....the majority of the staff is the same and the director as well. I'm glad you enjoyed our music last year and that's correct, our music was first breath after a coma by explosions in the sky. Thanks for your interest!!! :thumbup:

Because it's super expensive and most colleges are cutting funding to their programs...? Just a guess, but that's probably why.

Omg, I love FIU, Why wouldnt they not want to fund there own gaurd?