Emerald Marquis Reunion

DPEmerald

Hello everyone,

The Emerald Marquis Color Guard is holding a reunion on Saturday September 4th in Boston. If you know any former members or staff please direct them to the guard's web site: www.emeraldmarquis.org or our Facebook page.

We are still looking for about 30 or so members who marched with the guard during our 20 year history.

Thanks everyone,

Dale

Awww man! I read that too fast and thought it said Emerald Marquis Returning! :-(

Enjoy the reunion!

wow!i bet this event will be attended by a who's who of color guard royalty! :worthy:

this beloved color guard changed the way we looked at the artform and it's influence is still felt today. :thumbup:

wow!i bet this event will be attended by a who's who of color guard royalty! :worthy:

this beloved color guard changed the way we looked at the artform and it's influence is still felt today. :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind comments. Our reunion is open to all friends, staff and members. Your more than welcome.

Dale

• 4 weeks later...

as this event grows closer anyone care to comment on their favorite emerald marquis show? :tongue:

lemme start! :hmmm:

1992's "amazing grace"

1994's "four sections"

1999's " great divide"

and dios mio who can forget their swan song 2001's "maleguena".......GORGEOUS! :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

I would have to agree with Dugg on the best Emerald shows.

1992 Amazing Grace - I just watched this the other day and feel it would still hold up in today's world class.

1994 The Four Sections - Simplay amazing staging and drill.

1999 The Great Divide - Stunning....truly one of the best written and performed shows ever.

I would also add 1998 to the list.....intellectual....interpretive and oh so musical.

I would have to agree with Dugg on the best Emerald shows.

1992 Amazing Grace - I just watched this the other day and feel it would still hold up in today's world class.

1994 The Four Sections - Simplay amazing staging and drill.

1999 The Great Divide - Stunning....truly one of the best written and performed shows ever.

I would also add 1998 to the list.....intellectual....interpretive and oh so musical.

Thank you both for the kind words, 1998 is also one of my favorite shows. Such a great bunch of kids too. It was an incredible group of rookies that year. Respectful, hard working and fun people. When we added people like Carrie Donnelly and Louis Hellinger to the guard we knew it was not going to be a boring season.