DCI Southeastern Championship blog

HI Michael, thanks for all of the posting, and keeping us up to speed! :unhappy:

You're most welcome. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks. Together with the ads between the shows, I think I can safely say I know more than I will ever need to know about Lake Oconee. I hope you're at least getting a free weekend there. Did you ever find out about the polygraph fee?

Edited by Bill M

Thanks. Together with the ads between the shows, I think I can safely say I know more than I will ever need to know about Lake Oconee. I hope you're at least getting a free weekend there. Did you ever find out about the polygraph fee?

I never found out about the polygraph fee. That one sort of blew me out of the (Lake Oconee) water. I'm not getting anything from the Lake Oconee folk who sponsored yesterday's show. I doubt they know I even exist. (But if someone from Lake Oconee is reading this... :unhappy:)

Next year I'll need a new "hook." Perhaps the show will be sponsored by Taco Bell.

Did you enjoy the photo of the platypus? (By then, the day was getting mentally draining.)

I never found out about the polygraph fee. That one sort of blew me out of the (Lake Oconee) water. I'm not getting anything from the Lake Oconee folk who sponsored yesterday's show. I doubt they know I even exist. (But if someone from Lake Oconee is reading this... :unhappy:)

Next year I'll need a new "hook." Perhaps the show will be sponsored by Taco Bell.

Did you enjoy the photo of the platypus? (By then, the day was getting mentally draining.)

Very educational, and surreal.

I've just had a read of the Berry's Bass competition rules, and they make very illuminating reading, especially page 2. I think maybe some of them should be considered for inclusion on DCP. Polygraph tests ($10 annual fee), and the TROLLING IS NOT ALLOWED rule could be especially useful.

Very educational, and surreal.

I've just had a read of the Berry's Bass competition rules, and they make very illuminating reading, especially page 2. I think maybe some of them should be considered for inclusion on DCP. Polygraph tests ($10 annual fee), and the TROLLING IS NOT ALLOWED rule could be especially useful.

That indeed is illuminating reading. I'm kind of surprised there isn't a "no dynamite" rule.

And as for part of my blog being surreal, that's my reality. :unhappy:

Michael, you are like an energizer bunny, my old friend and brother! Treat yourself to that Taco without any guilt as you refresh for the next and final rounds of the drum corps circus show.

That indeed is illuminating reading. I'm kind of surprised there isn't a "no dynamite" rule.

I think that's page 1, rule 7 "All bass must be caught in a legal, live, conventional manner using a rod and reel." Pretty much covers it. And I don't think I want to know about the "ooze off".

And as for part of my blog being surreal, that's my reality. :unhappy:

For me in the UK at that point it was 4 am, which only added to it.

But while I remember, the link to the photo of Lake Oconee at dusk triggered a warning from my anti-virus (Avast) about a trojan, so you might want to take that one out.

I think that's page 1, rule 7 "All bass must be caught in a legal, live, conventional manner using a rod and reel." Pretty much covers it. And I don't think I want to know about the "ooze off".

Ooze off? Yikes. I think there was a film by that title floating around my college dorm building.

But while I remember, the link to the photo of Lake Oconee at dusk triggered a warning from my anti-virus (Avast) about a trojan, so you might want to take that one out.

Uh-oh. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the warning.