2 valve trumpet: does/did this exist

pearlsnaredrummer77

Yes, from DEG. Also Colts and Memphis Blues Brass Band.

Some of the Colts brass horns eventually were chromeplated - at an auto bumper shop !!!

Much to the chagrin of the bumpers!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the heritage is pretty tight but intonation is better and sound more centered.The DEG's could never stay in tune and the tunable bell was too delicate,had a tinny sound and the adjustment screw would never stay tight.Value wise I've seen the DEG in pristine shape go for almost a grand,I've never seen a heritage forsale and I sold the DEG's for $400 and $250.

The Blue Knights had the DEGs with the beryllium bells back in 1977. I remember their director Bob Bunce showing me the horns. I was using a Heritage back then in the Knight Raiders. As a matter of fact I'm using that very horn(#001) this year in the Renegades. They are tight, but you can play pretty loud once you get used to them. :tongue:

Edited by DoubleHighEZ

The Blue Knights had the DEGs with the beryllium bells back in 1977. I remember their director Bob Bunce showing me the horns. I was using a Heritage back then in the Knight Raiders. As a matter of fact I'm using that very horn(#001) this year in the Renegades. There are tight, but you can play them pretty loud once you get used to them. :tongue:

Bob Bunce. Now there's a name from the past!

The Blue Knights had the DEGs with the beryllium bells back in 1977. I remember their director Bob Bunce showing me the horns. I was using a Heritage back then in the Knight Raiders. As a matter of fact I'm using that very horn(#001) this year in the Renegades. There are tight, but you can play them pretty loud once you get used to them. :thumbup:

I have #4 we last used it in a piccolo and contra duet in Nightmare Before Christmas show.

:thumbup: Chris Nalls has #2. I wonder who has #3? :thumbup:

Maybe time for a reunion some day in Rochester!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, from DEG. Also Colts and Memphis Blues Brass Band.

Some of the Colts brass horns eventually were chromeplated - at an auto bumper shop !!!

Actually ,they were olds ultratones. :tongue:

The Blue Knights had the DEGs with the beryllium bells back in 1977. I remember their director Bob Bunce showing me the horns. I was using a Heritage back then in the Knight Raiders. As a matter of fact I'm using that very horn(#001) this year in the Renegades. They are tight, but you can play pretty loud once you get used to them. :thumbup:

That horn has some quality mileage on it!!

I've got the American Command protoype presentation soprano (s/n 0001) that was given to the VP of American Heritage by Ziggy. It's gold plated and in pristine condition. Even includes the original gold Benge mpiece.

We should definitely find 0003 and reunite these cats!!!!

Edited by Scooter Pirtle

• 2 weeks later...

Funny to mention the Stoetzel valves- I have an E-Flat Stoetzel valve tuba sitting at my parent's, and was told a few years back it could be restoreable to playable condition, just have never had the cash for the work to be done by a reputable place. One of those things to take to Tubachristmas for a laugh.

The Westshoremen Soprano section used the Olds bugles for I believe 1981, definitely a982, then we got an all-DEG brass line. Never liked the DEG baris, wanted Kings, was told to take what we got and shut up- and really... maybe we'd have been better off with the piston-rotor Ultratones...