Where are you staying in Indy?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. Does anyone know how long before the actual start time the gates open? I was hoping to be able to go through the DCI marketplace and not feel insanely rushed to get my souvie before the shows get going.

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

Had dinner at Harry and Izzy's tonight where there were many many drum corp folks drinking, chatting and dining. Place was packed and had to wait 30 minutes for a table and it's only Wednesday!

H&I is a start up by the St. Elmo's people and I have always enjoyed dinner there, kind of an old school boys' club kind of place with dark wood and jazz music. Slightly dissappointed in the St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail which is featured at H&I as it wasn't spicy enough to make me a mess of running sinuses. "Devour Downtown" is going on right now. Restaurants are offering a 3 course meal for $30. I thought it was a deal.

Bopped over to the DCI Hall of Fame Event and watched Star perform. Percussion on the main floor and brass in an oval on the balcony above the Grand Hall of Union Station. I felt bathed in Star. It was very up close and personal. Fab. U. Lous.

Edited by anniem

the steakhouse is not in my hotel.

and really...those who need to know where i am staying do. the rest, i dont feel like having knocks on the door at 4 am or calls from the lobby. that #### was funny in 1999. now it just pisses me off.

Nah, it's still pretty funny. As long as it's your room, and not mine. :tongue:

Quick question. Does anyone know how long before the actual start time the gates open? I was hoping to be able to go through the DCI marketplace and not feel insanely rushed to get my souvie before the shows get going.

Officially, no. Unofficially, you would most likely have at least an hour before the first show starts, though it's possible some booths won't be open when the gates open. Thursday is definitely the best day to go souvie shopping. The good stuff is often out-of-stock Saturday and the lines to buy what's left can be much longer. The only possible downside to shopping Thursday is that sometimes you'll see something you bought Thursday marked down Saturday. (Dated tour shirts in particular.) But it's for a good cause, right? And again, if you wait to Saturday, they may be gone for good.