Open Class Semi-Finals

Proud to have three corps from Texas in OC finals tonight. Great job to the first to perform, Forte...congrats for a great semi- finals your first year out! :tongue:

Edited by txorchdork013

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forte had an impressive rifle line.

Back to back Texas...congrats to Genesis for a great semi-finals performance their first year out. :tongue:

Edited by txorchdork013

Back to back Texas...congrats to Genesis for also making finals their first year out. :tongue:

a little hard to hear because of the echo inside the stadium (thru my speakers) but that sounded like a pretty nice

drum feature by Genesis. This is my first time seeing them...pretty good.

Cali.

very VERY clean drum line. Some good things coming out of the horn line too

Yes, very appreciated!

I saw Stentors and Racine on FN before work...

Stentors seem much much improve from my last viewing in Manchester NH last month. They got more confidence, we now can hear the brass clearly. Drummers give a good show and color guard are solid.

Tempo were faster in every piece. Sometime little bit too fast and that cause a bit of fazzing here and there.

I was surprise at the energy they give on the field considering they went to bed at 01h30 AM and wake up at 04h30 AM this morning (housing is 1h30 away from stadium). While that may sound strange, the corps went to see the World Class last night witch was the first/last time those 40 rookies (and 23 returning) could see a top caliber corps this year.

They will hit the road this afternoon to go home (after more sleep).

---------

Racine surprise me too. Much more solid than anticipated. Look more mature and experience than the Stentors. While musically they had some flaws, the drill was good, moving fast, effective and clean too.

They too, had problem with fazzing here and there. The show is a good one for the crowd. Intesresting, humming, recognisable.

While not as "old" or "experience" as other corps, those 2 (Stentors and Racine Scouts) certainly understand how to entertain the crowd. Both show are fun and easy listening (in the good way).

I am sad I could not enjoy the other corps of the day...

a little hard to hear because of the echo inside the stadium (thru my speakers) but that sounded like a pretty nice

Cali.

ok, ok...the show started out a little slow, but picked up steam throughout. That closer kind of reminded me of Madison '95.

Not to that level, mind you, but similar screaming horns and energy.

Congrats Genesis.

Cali.

P.S. Whats with all the echo...echo..echo...?

Racine surprised me... a much larger corps than what I remember them being.

Cali.

You know my heart still belongs to BDB, but I am proud that my state now has four corps, three open and one world, and by the size of Forte, Genesis and Revolution, it gives me hope that open class will continue to flourish....

Edited by txorchdork013

P.S. Whats with all the echo...echo..echo...?

closed roof and lack of bodies in the stands absorbing the sound would be my guess