Rochester PRELIMS

Dang....and most of us complain about a 300-400 mile trip! Whew, my sediments go out to those mid-west corps!

Just as a FYI (I don't want this to come across as whining, because it's not; it's just a statement of fact), the Minnesota weekend involved me putting 1,061 miles on my car.

A practice weekend in Racine involves putting close to 250 miles on my car.

That is all. :rolleyes:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else see an advantage in slotting for the corps who performed this past weekend. It seems that if everyone was slotted according to the prior weekend when everyone performed it would be more fair. Having an extra week to raise the corps' score is kind of biased to those corps with the extra week.

Just saying...

This is a surprising post from someone always fond of reminding us, "scores smores" - or some derivation of that.

Cincinnati Tradition is ready can't wait to come to Rochester Prelims is going to be amazing. Can't wait. Good luck to all the other Class A Corps

O-H-I-O!!!!!!!

"Round on the ends and high in the middle..."

97 hours, 13 minutes and counting.

Robert

Assuming they added another Minnesota show the last weekend before finals, this is how many miles (roughly) these corps would have to travel in those 3 weekends...

MBI- 2,000

Govies- 2,100

Kilties- 2,800

Vigilantes- 5,200

HCB- 6,900

That is a lot of $$$. I dont care how good your planning is, thats just too much.

...I'd say it's a loog-term thing...set goals and work toward 'em. That said, it would make more sense for MBI,Govies and Kilts to run a show together; keeping the cost down for fans perhaps, or adding additional groups, maybe even non-related, to beef the show up (we've done this out here with my junior corprs a couple of times with fair success)...you just want to defray the operational costs of running the show. Vigilantes and HCB are kinda like the California corps and gotta suck it up in this case. If it's *that* important to get a number for seeding, then you do what you have to do; get judged. Otherwise, stop complaining and join the groups that don't have an option...

cg

And I reiterate... :rolleyes:

Spoken by someone who speaks with a Sout'Side Chicawgo accent with a bit of Hoosier mixed in.

And despite the number of seasons I spent up in Wisconsin, it's still 'pop' and not 'soda'. Coke and Pepsi are pop, seltzer water is soda. And it's a freaking drinking fountain! Where 'bubbler' came from is beyond me

:tongue:

OK, back on topic.

The "Bubbler" was a 1888 trademark of the Kohler company of Wisconsin for a unique drinking fountain designed to make the water bubble as it flowed out from a drinking faucet. The term "bubbler" stuck here and is parochial to southeastern Wisconsin, Australia, and Oregon. If you ask where a "drinking fountain" or "water fountain" are in these parts, people will correct you and tell you it's a bubbler. When in Rome...

Wikipedia "Bubbler": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbler (not a RickRoll)

The "Bubbler" was a 1888 trademark of the Kohler company of Wisconsin for a unique drinking fountain designed to make the water bubble as it flowed out from a drinking faucet. The term "bubbler" stuck here and is parochial to southeastern Wisconsin, Australia, and Oregon. If you ask where a "drinking fountain" or "water fountain" are in these parts, people will correct you and tell you it's a bubbler. When in Rome...

Wikipedia "Bubbler": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbler (not a RickRoll)

Thank you, sir, and you are accurate on the correction if you say 'water fountain'.

It's still a water fountain, though.... :rolleyes:

:tongue:

I would really love to know who both of you are. One being our biggest fan on DCP and the other our biggest hater (just edging out camel lips).

cadestsfan, you are just another coward (sorry if I can't say that on here, but it's the truth) that hides behind a screen name and talks nonsense; just like last year. It's really cute the way you used our name to figure out that play-on-words. I'm sorry that our corps and programming has offended you over the past few seasons, to the point that you feel the need to ridicule us. And to always make your "point" through name-calling and an arbitrary placement is very astute of you.

Like I told you a few months ago, you don't matter and your absurdity just fuels our members: for that, we thank you. Come by our warm-up and say hi!

We try to stay out of these shenanigans as much as possible, but I'm not going to stay quiet while this dude mocks us with no rationale. My apologies.

To everyone else;

Best Wishes from ALLIANCE! We are looking forward to seeing every corps in Rochester and are very excited to compete in our second year in Open Class!

Here's to Alliance moving up.