The Reading review

great review Jeff, thanx.....yeah, you too BigW lolol.................great to see ya and I would add just one thing about Bucs.....when they 'took' the field it was with attitude, then with the drop of the baton it grew and they seemed to feed off it (demand, velocity, etc, etc.) knowing many of the members I felt that this was their first 'mindset' show, yet they communicated that they knew they had better in them (I don't know how since I was palpitating just watching), but with two more performances they can still get better and they know it........my big regret is that I cannot be there at finals to experience it....this commentary is not intended to denigrate what Empire showed me because they just purely entertained the heck out of me.....always good to see/hear my brother Ritchie Price, but at times his notes got lost in the dyanmics the hornline was putting out..........mayhaps he should be staged differently?

all that said, I was never more proud of Blue and had a hard time singing the corps song to close the night with my former student Andrew K next to me (yeah, he sang those 9 words for me)...........to the entire corps and especially those who have seen many, many sunsets: you are my heros

yep. hey as long as a boat doesnt roll across the field, I'm down with the smoke and mirrors...especially if say, Dorothy tried to climb the fences from Saigon :smile:

GOD I LOVE THE WEEK OF DCA FINALS!!

My predictions:

Bucs: show up with chariots chasing the Empire LION around the colluseum..errrr stadium. :tongue:

MBI: shows up with a lone "dark horse" leading them thru the gate closing the gap they left with in 2009.

Empire: will drag out the Statue of Liberty from the back of the warehouse dressed as "GLINDA". Now if they somehow can get a hot air balloon to land on the field at the end and carry Mr. Bruni away conducting the final notes that would be an awsome sight and the crowd goes crazy!!!! ... :tongue: It is revealed that on the way out the wicked witch planted poppies at the goal line which causes Hurcs colorguard to all collapse and fall asleep in the endzone during the ballad (Oh wait, that already happens :ph34r: )

Hurcs: in desparation to pull out of 4th, end w/ reprise of the Ben-Hur show & top it off with a little MAG-7 and giant cymbals.

RETREAT ends with an all out brawl and the drum majors are lined up as the audience dressed in togas look up to the chief judge for a :tongue: or :thumbup: as they announce each score.

DCP: Flash forward 30 years ahead and Jeff Ream does a review disquised as the VOReason and predicts "the corp with the highest score will win" .. but reflects back on the MMX masacre and says "but anything can happen.... GOD I LOVE THE WEEK OF DCA FINALS!!

Whatever really does happen the 2010 fans will be leaving the stadium saying "There is no place like Rocester"

:tongue:

My predictions:

Bucs: show up with chariots chasing the Empire LION around the colluseum..errrr stadium. :tongue:

MBI: shows up with a lone "dark horse" leading them thru the gate closing the gap they left with in 2009.

Empire: will drag out the Statue of Liberty from the back of the warehouse dressed as "GLINDA". Now if they somehow can get a hot air balloon to land on the field at the end and carry Mr. Bruni away conducting the final notes that would be an awsome sight and the crowd goes crazy!!!! ... :tongue: It is revealed that on the way out the wicked witch planted poppies at the goal line which causes Hurcs colorguard to all collapse and fall asleep in the endzone during the ballad (Oh wait, that already happens :smile: )

Hurcs: in desparation to pull out of 4th, end w/ reprise of the Ben-Hur show & top it off with a little MAG-7 and giant cymbals.

RETREAT ends with an all out brawl and the drum majors are lined up as the audience dressed in togas look up to the chief judge for a :tongue: or :thumbup: as they announce each score.

DCP: Flash forward 30 years ahead and Jeff Ream does a review disquised as the VOReason and predicts "the corp with the highest score will win" .. but reflects back on the MMX masacre and says "but anything can happen.... GOD I LOVE THE WEEK OF DCA FINALS!!

Whatever really does happen the 2010 fans will be leaving the stadium saying "There is no place like Rocester"

:tongue:

Now, THIS is one of the funniest things I've ever read on DCP! Lord knows we need the humor every so often!

Thanks for brightening many of our day!! :ph34r: