MEMBERSHIP DAY 2011 - Reading Buccaneers!

The little bit that I know at this point knocks my socks off. Some great music!

We'll announce publicly on Membership Day!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm? "Knocks my socks off"? Are you hinting at a ROCKY show? Now that would be awesome!

Rocky Theme

Eye of the Tiger -Rocky III

Feel My Power - MC Hammer - Drum Solo

Livng In America -Rocky IV

Rocky Theme (Ending Scene)

YES!!!!

While "Eye of the Tiger" is an historic rock anthem that will surely stand the test of time and should be celebrated with abandon on the drum corps field, my guess (and I can only guess) is that this tune will not form part of our repertoire for 2011. I'm not on the design team, but I'm fairly confident that, while it was debated - passionately - it found its way to the cutting room floor. Plus, a Rocky-themed show, which arguably ties to our Philadelphia-area hometown, would draw criticism as a rip-off of the 2008 Bluecoats. It would be a first for us to be accused of ripping off our DCI brethren ( :sleeping: ), and we simply don't want to go there.

But thanks for the great ideas!

sooooooooooooo Tom, can this mean that Buc's will finally be doing Zamphir plays the best of Boxcar Willie????? Been waiting fer that for ages..........now I'll begin practicing my pan flute for Membership Day....

While "Eye of the Tiger" is an historic rock anthem that will surely stand the test of time and should be celebrated with abandon on the drum corps field, my guess (and I can only guess) is that this tune will not form part of our repertoire for 2011. I'm not on the design team, but I'm fairly confident that, while it was debated - passionately - it found its way to the cutting room floor. Plus, a Rocky-themed show, which arguably ties to our Philadelphia-area hometown, would draw criticism as a rip-off of the 2008 Bluecoats. It would be a first for us to be accused of ripping off our DCI brethren ( :sleeping: ), and we simply don't want to go there.

sooooooooooooo Tom, can this mean that Buc's will finally be doing Zamphir plays the best of Boxcar Willie????? Been waiting fer that for ages..........now I'll begin practicing my pan flute for Membership Day....

Keep waiting, Jim. And stop practicing.

But get a van filled with eager brass, percussion and guard folk and get them to Membership Day anyway. This will be another great year to be a Buccaneer!

Well Tom, this is the time of year I dislike the most..........SUSPENSE! I’ll just digress and think about Turkey for a few weeks. Meanwhile, I suppose you can just continue in your role as “Tom the Torturer.”

See you at the Banquet! :sleeping:

Dave Faust

Well Tom, this is the time of year I dislike the most..........SUSPENSE! I'll just digress and think about Turkey for a few weeks. Meanwhile, I suppose you can just continue in your role as "Tom the Torturer."

There are few things I enjoy more. Only because I'm such a fan of this design team that I get very giddy about what I'm working on announcing....and just when I think they can't outdo themselves they turn around and surprise me. Who wins? Members and fans!

This is gonna be fun! Make sure you're a part of it!

Good Luck Tom and Reading!!!! I hope to be seeing you on the field in 2011!!!! :thumbup: