Kidsgrove Bridgeport Video on Facebook

Just got done reading the info and blogs on Kidsgrove. I don't know why the Hurcs like to run their home show in Bridgeport. Why not just hold it in the armpit of the universe?

I believe that the West Haven HS stadium, where the Hurcs have run their show for several years, is under rennovation ... they moved to Bridgeport last year and stayed for this year ... not sure where they'll be next year ...

:-)

I believe that the West Haven HS stadium, where the Hurcs have run their show for several years, is under rennovation ... they moved to Bridgeport last year and stayed for this year ... not sure where they'll be next year ...

:-)

Historically speaking Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport is a drum corps icon, IMHO. And Bridgeport itself is loaded with drum corps lore and pride. Hence the alumni corps name. In the '60s, showing my age, it was the first really big stadium I marched in with the Norwalk Hot Shots Jr.D&BC. It was the debut of the stadium during the Barnum Festival. The grass was like a thick plush carpet. The Parade of Champions D&B Competition would fill both sides. (Front and back, not Side1/Side 2.) Someone might help me here, I don't want to exaggerate, but that's how I remember it. Those were the days of Cabs, Hurcs, Sky, Yankee Rebels, etc., not always in that order. The PAL Cadets, St. Annes, St. Raphael's Golden Bucs, all Jr. corps, were just 3 out of, I believe 6 Jr. corps from Bridgeport.

Bridgeport has always been in love with drum corps and drum corps is in love with her. And it's fitting that the KIdsgrove Scouts were introduced between the hallowed stands of JFK Stadium. The crowd loved the Scouts and hopefully the memories of this D&B icon will remain forever etched in the minds and hearts of our UK brothers and sisters.

Buddy Scudder Silver Falcons-'61-'62 Soprano (1 valve), Dennis Gannon, instructor; Hot Shots '63-'64 French Horn (1 valve) Pepe Notaro, instructor; and Ct. Hurricanes-'04-'07.

Just got done reading the info and blogs on Kidsgrove. I don't know why the Hurcs like to run their home show in Bridgeport. Why not just hold it in the armpit of the universe?

gee, let's see...home area...always producs a big crowd...stadium with a rich drum corps history....I dunno, why do we keep going other places?

Oh yeah, many of the same reasons

:worthy:

that said, I can't wait to see this show in person!

BTW, Kathy, the contra player from the crowd at the end of the video, is a little over the top. She said in all her years she's never seen anything like that before.. Now, I said they were very good in Bridgeport, but not the best. Just last years' DCA Top 5 alone beats them. Not to mention any Phantom, BD, Cavvies, Cadets, etc.