How do you get people out into a IA guard

Guardboy345

How do you get people to show up to check out your guard. We are kinda low on members so far this season and I am out of ideas how to get bodies. any thoughts????

It's really difficult to do if you don't have an established reputation where people will want to come march for you. You could try recruiting at local marching band competitions. Try to reach students who love color guard but don't have a winter program at their school.

I have to agree with Jak.

The main thing is -- if you can get staff members from quality school programs (high school and colleges) involved, their names and skills could help pull in new members.

We've found that people don't want to join something where they don't know anyone or don't know what to expect from the program, even if it might be the "only option" available to them at the time. The other options are 1) travel or 2) don't participate.

However, it looks like you were silver medalists in your class last year (based on previous posts you've made). I would think this would attract people to your program, so it could be something else entirely that is keeping them away.

have you tried offering pie? :smile: