bridgemen 85/87

:) Thanks Ray.

Wish you were with us then, at least you would have had an entire season to pick on me. :laughing:

I thought that was my job. :tongue:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hasn't been any different than back in the day.

The Bridgemen magic, and the love for our corps and what we do have been present since we put it back together!

The feelings have been the same.

At least they have been for me.

It's been another amazing run! :devil:

1987 was one of those awesome years in drum corps history. There were a lot of great shows and a lot of drum corps, in all divisions; including some that took a year off and returned.

I fondly remember quarterfinals day in '87. It was raining pitchforks and hammerhandles for the majority of the day; and there was already a huge crowd in the stands for the beginning of the competition. There were a lot of die hard drum corps fans in Camp Randall that day. All summer long I was looking foreward to seeing the Bridgemen and was very pleased with thier performance. The members of that corps did the legacy of the Bridgemen organization quite well with a highly entertaining performance including the collapse at the end of the show!

Something that long stuck in my memory was later in the day when a couple members came up to some of us and said that they wanted to have a get together with all the "returning" corps: The Bridgemen, Freelancers, Guardsmen, and the corps I was a member of The Blue Stars! Prior to 1987 The Blue Stars competed under the Blue Star Cadets name. In 1987 we were able to compete under the name The Blue Stars for the first time since 1982 and the fans reaction was very enthusiastic.

To all those that were a part of the '87 Bridgemen; you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. You all came out, did one hell of a fantastic job, and lived up to the Bridgemen entertainment standard!

It would be awesome to have the Bridgemen, Freelancers, Guardsmen, etc. back in world class again; but the memories that were provided by those corps will go on forever; including those corps from 1987!

Banana Power!