Cavaliers 2010 Design Team Returns for 2011

i dont mean any disrespect to the alumni, but i am not impressed with anything done in the 70's or anything before the 90's for that matter. I have heard corps from back then and honestly? i'm glad i didnt grow up in that era. I like groups being innovative. If drum corps didnt evolve it would become stale and boring.

Fortunately this forum is such a small portion of the dci fan base that your opinions don't really matter to anyone who marches. I may be new, but i'd pick new school over old school. I guess this is a place for old people to rant about how they think "back in their day drum corps was better"

I know im going to get slammed big time on this, so bring it. :laughing:

Yikes! Tell me you're kidding right...

Attitudes like this are one of the reasons why my interest in DCP, and DCI in general have been waning.

Now I just mostly talk to the people who marched when I did.

Dont worry, I wont let the door hit me...

Edited by shostahoosier

Yikes! Tell me you're kidding right...

Attitudes like this are one of the reasons why my interest in DCP, and DCI in general have been waning.

Now I just mostly talk to the people who marched when I did.

Dont worry, I wont let the door hit me...

no need to be over dramatic i was just voicing my opinion

• Like 1

As I see you are fairly new to DCP, let me clue you in on the "rules" around here:

If a drum corps does anything that utilizes any technology or rules changes post 1990's, it is automatically hated. Further, anyone who likes anything a corps does that utilizes technology or modern rule changes will be reminded how it was done better, louder, in front of millions of more people by tens of thousands of more corps back in the 70's. You will be reminded that everyone hates this new-fangled technology, be told that no one goes to drum corps shows, and posters might even tell you they personally hate modern drum corps so much that they haven't had anything to do with DCI World Class drum corps in a decade (short of complain about DCI World Class drum corps constantly on DCP, or course).

With that in mind, please continue to enjoy your time in DCP: may it be fruitful and thought provoking

:devil:

Freaking Hilarious! Spot on too.