Spirit Send-Off Show Review

OldManAlto, can you tell me what you meant by the following:

"Matt Burns marching out onto the field in a vintage Spirit of Atlanta uniform, with what looked like an old 1980ish G bugle??"

Does this mean it's not in the show, but was done for their dress regearsal or will someone be doing this all year?

Oh, I know I'll have a tear in my eye!

Thanks and thanks for the review!

The guy comes onto the field in a vintage uniform as a part of the show that goes back in time and reflects on days of Spirit past. It will be a part of the show all summer. Plus, there will be other effects added that will enhance the nostalgia of that section.

One thing that I've gotta say about Spirit...the brass arranger, Mark Fifer, has done a great job of giving a nod to Spirit alumni (which have become an integral part of the Spirit organization). In the Ghost Train show in 2001, you can hear all kinds of snips of old Spirit music. This year, you not only hear a newer rendition of Nutville, but the 80 uniform and the solo sop calling "Let It Be Me" at the end of October will give all of us alumni a lump in our throat. Thanks to Mark and the creative staff for constantly remembering Spirit's history.

Edited by ssorrell