The St. Kevin Emerald Knights

Wow! No dues, free uni's, bus food and drink is free! This is a no brainer. Too bad I am 8 hour drive away or I would join you. Good luck and see you at some of the shows.

St Kevins would love to have you too ! Get three of your pals together ,each guy drives for two hours, come up once a month .Hey ,we play shows in Pa. NY & New Jersey Those wouldn't be too far for you guys .The only draw back would be is no food & drink on our bus ride.....

All the Best,

Mike D.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Kevins would love to have you too ! Get three of your pals together ,each guy drives for two hours, come up once a month .Hey ,we play shows in Pa. NY & New Jersey Those wouldn't be too far for you guys .The only draw back would be is no food & drink on our bus ride.....

All the Best,

Mike D.

I relish the idea of playing in a corps that I idolized in my youth! ('60s'). I even came down one year and competed in an I&E sponsored by St. Kevin's. I was scarred to death.

I relish the idea of playing in a corps that I idolized in my youth! ('60s'). I even came down one year and competed in an I&E sponsored by St. Kevin's. I was scarred to death.

Are you from MAINE? There was a french horn player from the Andrew Sabres in Portland with the same name. He was in the class of Buzzy Bergdoll.

Are you from MAINE? There was a french horn player from the Andrew Sabres in Portland with the same name. He was in the class of Buzzy Bergdoll.

That has to be my brother Dennis. In my biased opinion, and the opinion of others, one of the greatest french horn bugle players ever. He lives quietly, in Ft. Kent way up in Northern Maine. I loved his rendition of "Summertime".

That has to be my brother Dennis. In my biased opinion, and the opinion of others, one of the greatest french horn bugle players ever. He lives quietly, in Ft. Kent way up in Northern Maine. I loved his rendition of "Summertime".

You are right. I taught him that number. He was great. Iwish we had him today in St.kevins.

You are right. I taught him that number. He was great. Iwish we had him today in St.kevins.

I would also like to see him in SKEK but would you believe he is also 8 hours away?

Edited by Shenandoah Vibrato

I would also like to see him in SKEK but would you believe he is also 8 hours away?

Dick I know how far up Fort Kent is. I sold chain saws and construction equipment in northern New England for many years and one of our accounts was in Fort Kent. The next time you talk to Dennis tell him his old horn instructor from the Sabres says hello. How is your corps doing? What do you play? Best of luck with your open house

Dick I know how far up Fort Kent is. I sold chain saws and construction equipment in northern New England for many years and one of our accounts was in Fort Kent. The next time you talk to Dennis tell him his old horn instructor from the Sabres says hello. How is your corps doing? What do you play? Best of luck with your open house

Jim, I talked to Dennis yesterday and of course he remembers you. He is teaching himself how to play a concert violin and asked me to pass on his best regards for the New Year. If you are ever in Fort Kent to look him up. Shenandoah Sound is doing better and better each year. I consider last season a big success. We improved on the quality of our show (South Pacific) and think we have found our niche. This year we will be doing a Gershwin show. We are hoping that last years successes will tranlate into higher membership for the 2011 season and of course we are looking straight down the barrel of DCA in our backyard (Annapolis) in 2012. I can't wait for our open house this weekend. I played a SKEK tune during my I&E competition on my single valve/slide horn. I posted it on facebook.

Hi All,

The St. Kevin Emerald Knights would like to invite YOU to our annual Open House .Plenty of food & drink .see old friends or meet some new ones . Listen to the show or check out our great color guard .Those ladies are one of the best in Alumni Corps.If you would like to see our entire show just go to our web site www.stkevinemeraldknights.com click on the media page & the Plymouth 2010 show. The Corps gets better every year & 2011 will be our finest yet. So ,if you would like to be a part of it & play a really exciting & entertaining show ,come to our open house. Directions are on our web site ,click the join button. Jan 16 ,The Fore River Club House ,Quincy ,Ma. & 1:00 pm . Also worth a mention , We do not have dues ,uniforms are FREE , bus transportation to shows with food & drink are FREE ! & lots of good people . What a deal ! come on down.

All the Best,

Mike D.

Hi all,

Very sorry ,but our web site is "down" .should be back up soon .Also if you come to our Open House we have a DVD available that is highlights of the Kevins 2010 season . Included are the Buglers Hall of Fame Shows in Boston & Bridgeport ,The Italian Fest in Bostons North End & our best show ever at this years big Plymouth Alumni Show .

All the Best,

Mike D.

Hi all,

Very sorry ,but our web site is "down" .should be back up soon .Also if you come to our Open House we have a DVD available that is highlights of the Kevins 2010 season . Included are the Buglers Hall of Fame Shows in Boston & Bridgeport ,The Italian Fest in Bostons North End & our best show ever at this years big Plymouth Alumni Show .

All the Best,

Mike D.

hi All,

The DVDs just sold out ,but we can get more .The 2010 highlite DVD will be showing all afternoon at our Open House & if you want one just say so when you are there.

All the Best,

Mike D.