DCI discount on mp3 audio bundles

I want to give you all a heads up about a new feature I’m starting on DCI.org and an exciting offer from DCI. “Download of the Week” will be starting on Monday, January 10 and will be running every Monday, featuring a new World Championships Finals corps performance from DCI’s massive vault of corps memories every week.

Each Monday, I’ll share my thoughts and memories of each corps and show, revealing what I remember of each show in the context of the time period it was presented and naming a few things to look for when you watch and listen to the video. The first corps performance I’ve chosen is the 1975 Madison Scouts, the DCI World Championship show that inspired the corps’ retro tribute in 2010.

I just found out today that until the premiere of “Download of the Week” this coming Monday, DCI is offering Audio Performance Download bundles from 1972 through 2008 for a discounted price of $15.99 each on the Fan Network. This is reduced from the normal price of $19.99. For $15.99, you’ll get mp3s of all the top-12 DCI World Championship Finalists for the particularly years you choose. This is a great deal for those wishing to fill out their collections.

But hurry…as I understand it, this offer is only good until Monday. You can find them all at at this link.

Happy downloading, and check out the “Download of the Week” on Monday!

Thanks!

I didn't know bundles were available for download. Just got 1974-1976! Even when the price goes up, I'll get more because my old CDs are worn out to the point that my computer wouldn't recognize them.

Wow! I didn't know that was possible. Has anyone else ever experienced that?

Wow! I didn't know that was possible. Has anyone else ever experienced that?

back at the advent of cd's and cd players, some of the lasers were a trifle too strong for the cd's...

All my Collector's Series from 1972 to 1986 are completely unreadable. Several made my computer lock up when I tried to load them. Some still play in my car's CD player, and some make the CD player freeze, so I haven't listened to them in a while. I don't think keeping them all in a CD case in my car over the last decade has helped their longevity.

back at the advent of cd's and cd players, some of the lasers were a trifle too strong for the cd's...

I was always under the impression that since nothing actually touched the CD on the side being read, that they would be unaffected by use. I need to check into this phenomenon more.

All my Collector's Series from 1972 to 1986 are completely unreadable. Several made my computer lock up when I tried to load them. Some still play in my car's CD player, and some make the CD player freeze, so I haven't listened to them in a while. I don't think keeping them all in a CD case in my car over the last decade has helped their longevity.

Have you tried one of those CD repair devices? Perhaps the plastic just needs to be smoothed out.

Have you tried one of those CD repair devices? Perhaps the plastic just needs to be smoothed out.

A couple months ago, I took a couple of the CDs to a CD/DVD restoration service (professional), and they were unable to copy the disk onto a new disk as the old disks had deteriorated too much. At that point I thought I would have to download every show one-by-one at $2.99 each. I was certainly surprised to see that I could download the bundles.