SOUVIES

Seems that souvies play a part in drum corps history and of course money making and image boosting. I have been around drum corps for 15 years and have about 20 t-shirts. I also have other items that I can't think of getting rid of. My dad says it used to be cool to have stuff from as many corps as possible. He has items from 27th, Avant Guard, St Joes, Dutch Boy, Southerniers, etc. I guess I think more about getting a t-shirt every summer from my favorite corps and not for the sake of drum corps in general. I also don't wear all the t-shirts I buy because one of my favorite corps tends to have pretty weak t-shirts every summer. I want to support my favorite corps financially, though tougher now I am back in school, but I want to wear the stuff out as much as possible. I have many t-shirts i don't wear because they are just not attractive in the least. Guess I could just donate money instead. All this got me thinking about how souvies play a part in the activity in many different ways. Wondered about other people's thoughts.

Seems that souvies play a part in drum corps history and of course money making and image boosting. I have been around drum corps for 15 years and have about 20 t-shirts. I also have other items that I can't think of getting rid of. My dad says it used to be cool to have stuff from as many corps as possible. He has items from 27th, Avant Guard, St Joes, Dutch Boy, Southerniers, etc. I guess I think more about getting a t-shirt every summer from my favorite corps and not for the sake of drum corps in general. I also don't wear all the t-shirts I buy because one of my favorite corps tends to have pretty weak t-shirts every summer. I want to support my favorite corps financially, though tougher now I am back in school, but I want to wear the stuff out as much as possible. I have many t-shirts i don't wear because they are just not attractive in the least. Guess I could just donate money instead. All this got me thinking about how souvies play a part in the activity in many different ways. Wondered about other people's thoughts.

Never though about it too much. I 'll say the blue crew in Cali seem to stick with pretty stock classy shirts that are timeless to a certain extent. The newest shirts every year are few in number but super well done.

I have never bought a shirt other than Devils, but the older I get I am starting to like more corps and want to help em out. Now that I think about it, does seem in general that corps that do pretty well competitively tend to have pretty cool shirts and maybe that does go along with their greater image or the way the want to put themselves out there.