Five great DCI color guard moments

Michael,

Biggest problem - you tried to pick only 5. Why not a top 12? There is some precedent for using the number 12 in drum corps.

I've already got too few hours in the day. If the editor responsible for me keeping my job gives me a chore to pick five corps for a write-up, I'm not going to say, "Thank you, sir; may I have another seven?" (One dollar to 'Animal House')

I agree with all the guards mentioned here.

Sorry, Mike, but even though I get what your editor did, I just don't see how, in anybody's world, 27th Lancers could be left off a "best guard moments" list.

And they weren't. I had them as the bonus guard because I thought they transcended such a list. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

The FIRST color guard that popped into my mind was 27th Lancers. I gotta agree, any list that doesn't include them is wacky, indeed.

That's because the article came out on Wacky Wednesday. And again, 27th was on my list. I don't think my editor was alive when 27th was on the field.

wacky2.jpg

And again, 27th was on my list. I don't think my editor was alive when 27th was on the field.

Pish, that's why the Fannetwork exists...Sit him down and show him what a "Real" Color guard looks like :shutup::tongue: .

They forgot 81 & 82 Crossmen wedge Rocky.

Edited by xbones7480

2002 Cadets closer rifle line. They were the balls all season.

At least until finals night.

2002 Cadets closer rifle line. They were the balls all season.

At least until finals night.

The Cadets 2002: A fun rifle line for sure... Not even in the running for a top 10 spot as far as great gun line.. no great moments at all because they never were clean.. FUN Heck Yes.Take a 10 second look at Crown's 2008 or 2007 guns to see what "Good" is.. No brakes, flubs or upside down catches at all.. 2002 Cadets broke every 16 counts or so.. and no great moments. Fun show for sure.

Edited by Cop