Why Did You/Do You March With Your Corps?

This is a question that has been kind nagging at me for a few weeks...

My father marched 63-65 Cavies, and dedicated my middle name to The Old Man. My brother (who received no such honor but loved the corps more tham life itself) marched Cavie Cadets in 1983 before joining the "A" Corps the next year and eventually getting his buckle..

"Legacy" stigma aside, yours truly had a few issues with the Green Machine (not the least of which was the "mystique" surrounding initiation), and I ended up with the Blue Devils in 1980, whose confident swagger, kick-a** uniform, jazz style and California girls in shakos and boots had my by the short-and-curlies.

I'm extremely interested to know why all us marched with the corps we did, and your responses would be deeply appreciated!!!

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon

This is a question that has been kind nagging at me for a few weeks...

My father marched 63-65 Cavies, and dedicated my middle name to The Old Man. My brother (who received no such honor but loved the corps more tham life itself) marched Cavie Cadets in 1983 before joining the "A" Corps the next year and eventually getting his buckle..

"Legacy" stigma aside, yours truly had a few issues with the Green Machine (not the least of which was the "mystique" surrounding initiation), and I ended up with the Blue Devils in 1980, whose confident swagger, kick-a** uniform, jazz style and California girls in shakos and boots had my by the short-and-curlies.

I'm extremely interested to know why all us marched with the corps we did, and your responses would be deeply appreciated!!!

Because i thought my corps was for BAMFs only. I guess you could say their swagger is what caught me. Only, they're not as BA as they once were.

• Like 1

Coming from someone who has yet to even march in a DCI corps, my hope is that of my three top choices (Crown, Bloocrew, Cavs), one will really stand out this season or next, slap me in the face, and pretty much be my destiny.

Coming from someone who has yet to even march in a DCI corps, my hope is that of my three top choices (Crown, Bloocrew, Cavs), one will really stand out this season or next, slap me in the face, and pretty much be my destiny.

Of course! But why these three corps???

That's what I'm interested in.

I did eventually check it out, and am now curious as to what corps the young man was referring to...LOL

Lol well due to my reputation on this board, i'd like to refrain from embarrassing that organization b/c of my actions. But if you really wanna know you can just message me.

• Like 1