Regarding tonight and the FUTURE

No problem with sound volume at all IMO..... but not for the guy a few rows down. I guess some people expect a "rip your face off" volume like being there. I would go as far to say, this was the best sounding DCI event I've had at the theaters.

Volume started out too low in my theater, but was quickly corrected after someone ran out to complain. However, part of this was DCI's fault. The announcers etc were way way louder in the mix than the music, so in between shows the talking hurt my ears, while the music was just barely loud enough for my taste.

No problem with sound volume at all IMO..... but not for the guy a few rows down. I guess some people expect a "rip your face off" volume like being there. I would go as far to say, this was the best sounding DCI event I've had at the theaters.

It's interesting because when we go to the theater, we kinda bring our personal tastes with us. For example, when I ipod drum corps in my car, it's pretty loud! The next guy, however, might choose a different volume in his car. For nights like tonight, we combine all of those different expectations. . .I wonder what colorguard people prefer? :music:

Volume started out too low in my theater, but was quickly corrected after someone ran out to complain. However, part of this was DCI's fault. The announcers etc were way way louder in the mix than the music, so in between shows the talking hurt my ears, while the music was just barely loud enough for my taste.

Yep, exactly my experience. I had the dude keep cranking it until BD was at what we thought the correct level. I felt clever and proud. And then Rondo and Dennis started talking and it was boomy. That's what I get for being overly confident! :doh: