Top 8 TOC Idea seems brilliant

Just to give some credit where it is due. The top 8 idea, especially early in the season, is brilliant. Any long streak will be even more difficult to achieve, and seeing the top corps progress against the best competition should make for an interesting summer. I will openly admit that I am not a large fan of a lot of DCI decisions, but this one looks to be a winner. BTW, Congrats to Crown and Cavies on their wins.

• Like 1

Gotta separate out the idea of a top 8 show and the TOC thing.

The TOC shows have a very modified format.

A top 8 show is nothing new in and of itself. We've had the murfreesboro show for years, this is just the first time we've had one at the beginning. One major thing i have against this is that unlike murfreesboros past, the TOC shows arent determined by competitive results of the current season. The top 8 from last year will have their shows together, regardless of whether a corps should be mixed in that group or wouldve earned a spot in that show after one of the regionals.

Obviously you have to use last years for the early shows, but for the TOC shows between the major regionals (where most corps are on the same basic path) it wouldve made sense to determine the lineups based on the prior regional.

I would say one thing that was definitely a success was having a shakeup in the order. I think having some sort of more random draw (instead of build-up to the end) would be worth looking into going forward, as it will bring more fans into the seats early, and keep them there.

Edited by AlexL

Gotta separate out the idea of a top 8 show and the TOC thing.

The TOC shows have a very modified format.

A top 8 show is nothing new in and of itself. We've had the murfreesboro show for years, this is just the first time we've had one at the beginning. One major thing i have against this is that unlike murfreesboros past, the TOC shows arent determined by competitive results of the current season. The top 8 from last year will have their shows together, regardless of whether a corps should be mixed in that group or wouldve earned a spot in that show after one of the regionals.

Obviously you have to use last years for the early shows, but for the TOC shows between the major regionals (where most corps are on the same basic path) it wouldve made sense to determine the lineups based on the prior regional.

I would say one thing that was definitely a success was having a shakeup in the order. I think having some sort of more random draw (instead of build-up to the end) would be worth looking into going forward, as it will bring more fans into the seats early, and keep them there.

Fair enough. Still like the early competition. and your comments on lineup are quite fair.