Injuries during a show

You recall correctly. It seemed to take forever for the ambulance to arrive. I, too, was very upset. To this day, I wonder why there wasn't more of a sense of urgency when that happened. I've come to think there were two reasons for that. First, Lothar was near the back of the corps' form, and perhaps he wasn't seen at first. Second, maybe folks who attended to him realized he had already died.

Either way, I was amazed there was no ambulance at the show site. Hopefully, DCA's fixed that since then.

Have the Prelims recording and you can hear the ambulance coming in during the Renegades show. Can't remember if one was there before and it had to leave for a non-DCA emergency. Everything else was so surreal I can still remember more details than I want.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I know that she was taken care of and that the corps had a small vehicle stay behind so to transport her back with the corps when everything was said and done. I also know that most corps if not all operate like this because they know that injuries and a long time in the hospital are possible.

Thank you for the information. I hope she is ok and back on the field. I went down to the fence for my annual " in your face" encore enjoyment and saw her in the ambulance. There was no sense of urgency, so I assumed it was not that serious. Another girl who was wearing a walking cast or boot walked over to the ambulance probably to check on her. They cancelled the encore and I lurked around for a while to see how soon they would transport her. I got tired of waiting and then meandered around the corps, busses and trucks. I do crazy things like that since I love being the corps in my own goofy way.

Several years ago, a guy from Boston Crusaders was driving a tractor hauling pit equipment down the paved walkway at Baldwin on the other side of the field. It is a steep hill. I happened to be watching him and near the bottom, the tractor sped up for whatever reason and it tipped over. Equipment fell all over the place. It seemed like he was hurt in some way. People came to help him and he was taken to a hospital. I read somewhere where he suffered a broken leg.