How many pages of drill are in an average world class show?

some sets can be a hold for a certain section or sections of the corps while others move. i think last summer we had 140ish without subsets but some of those sets were rewritten and some numbers were lost and then some had a b c of the set.

At the Cavaliers, we respect our drill writer and actually march the dots he has provided us to perfect. Each year I marched, I believe the minimal amount of sets I ever had was 211 and went as high as the 230's or 240's. The theory of writing in quotes to march in a rotating box formation is called form drill. Those pesky corps never have a consistant form from show to show! :tongue: I think SCV is the latest "dot" marching corps just like the Cavaliers are and both corps need these short 4 step dots in order to create a consistent picture on the field. Otherwise you learn the dots early season for the purpose of knowing where on the field you need to be then you just kinda wing it in that general area all season. Blue Devils are a perfect example and it is no surprise that they are successful at it even with never have consistent forms. So, depending on your philosophy on marching drill I could easily estimate that most world class corps march anywhere from 150-250 sets minimal, and 150 is a very small amount of drill. It really isn't as hard as you may think. These kids go out and march ALL DAY LONG EVERY DAY!