Drum Corps Fire Hazard...

Sorry if drum corps members want to do something funner with their off time then hitting a wooden wheel with a stick.

Winner.

I know people volunteering and give updates on the corps and post pictures. In your ancient time when electronics.were the devil this wouldn't be able to happen. My grandma passed away last week and if I was marching I would never have found out till august. You know how ###### I would be to find out a month after it happened.

Ancient times? Not hearing important family news until you come home? Drumcorps touring was never that bad! I have to laugh....kids today must think we were dinosaurs that travel by wagon train or something.

To say that technology only assists with trivial things is absolutely ignorant. There is seriously no other way to describe it.

I think you missed the point... it was basically that we were refused to use technology in the same way elementary school kids shouldn't learn math with calculators. We need to be able to do it in our head first, cold... then use technology to simply speed up the trivial and mechanical aspects of the process. This was honestly an area where I really struggled.

I'm sure Juilliard really cares about its students' ability to write papers.

Agreed.

Hint: no one intelligent will teach you to write by saying "make sure you are 100% clear in your head with what you are going to say, and only then start writing."

Yeah, he wasn't

. For further demonstration of his
.... you could check out Star 92 (which BTW, was probably one of the most underrated shows of all time. it was Star 92, not 93 that kickstarted much of the choreography you see out on the field these days).

Simple solution, buy a smartphone, you can text, call, play games, go on the internet and watch the funny youtube video the tubas were talking about it in the visual block! And you could also buy yourself a nice book if you so choose. Just cuz we have phones, does mean we dont enjoy books. Well i hate reading for one, if i was born in the time where there was nothing to do but read, i would have been that guy the guy to invent the TV... just sayin, but someone still likes books!

Edited by TubaJon

BTW - quick shout out to all the current members out there reading this while you're on tour (71 guests on the site now... so... ).

Thanks for kicking ### this season. I'm having a great time watching you guys do stuff we could have only dreamed of back in the day.

Now... put away your gadgets and go practice! :-)