Ahhhh, c'mon Bluecoats...

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the "Ahhh" syth sound in the opener?

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • I don't care either way
    • I can't hear it
    • Other (make a comment)

I'm not sure why, but now when I think about Bluecoats show I get hungry...

You sure do have a way with words, Mr. General Tso Chicken. :cool:

+++

FWIW I saw Bluecoats live at Charleston, WV last Tuesday. The entire show is MUCH better live than on TV. It's hard to believe that colorguard is ranked near the bottom of the top 12. I thought they were terrific.

Just had a lengthy discussion this morning with my wife about that...I happen to LOVE the Coats Guard this year, they are the complete polar opposite of my other favorite guard, Phantom Regiment.

My wife thinks they look like an 80's Cindy Lauper.

I don't know,they integrate the guard so well, and at many points they have 30 rifles in the air and it looks REALLY tight. I guess I'm not going to be judging guard any time soon :)

hoping the visual and guard get locked in by nexxt weekend if the do score could really jump

Just had a lengthy discussion this morning with my wife about that...I happen to LOVE the Coats Guard this year, they are the complete polar opposite of my other favorite guard, Phantom Regiment.

My wife thinks they look like an 80's Cindy Lauper.

I don't know,they integrate the guard so well, and at many points they have 30 rifles in the air and it looks REALLY tight. I guess I'm not going to be judging guard any time soon :)

That was my impression as well. I say impression because I am not a judge, I sit in the stands, wait for the action, then say "wow!" when it happens. If someone is a hair off, it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of what they are doing.

I'm not sure if I'm putting this right, but they struck me as a "traditional" color guard, lots of flags, rifles flying into the air all over the field, no gimmicks. Obviously I mean that as a huge compliment. The guard strikes me as straight ahead drum corps done very well.

I would hate to think that is not enough any more, for a guard to score well.

fwiw, I remember hearing something about how the patch was created from a sample of the corps singing. Could be wrong of course. I personally liked it.

edit: I edit all my posts. Probably put the groceries away and go right back to the store for the same reason.

Edited by John Schmitt