What if DCI season was (hypothetically) longer?

NOTE: THIS IS A WHAT-IF QUESTION. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING LIKE WE SHOULD EXTEND THEM.

Suppose that there was another week or two of drum corps. How would you think the different corps from this year would fare? Would some of the shows continue to rise? Or did some of them run out of gas for that last week? If this were to happen, how do you think finals placement would turn out?

Sure some shows would continue to rise, but the reason DCI championships are held the second week of August instead of the third as they were 25 years ago is that school year calendars have been extended. Some school districts are already back in session. So it's kind of a non-starter. There is even discussion (but no money to make it happen) to end long summer vacations for public schools because research shows it impedes mastery of language, math, and science.

NOTE: THIS IS A WHAT-IF QUESTION. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING LIKE WE SHOULD EXTEND THEM.

Suppose that there was another week or two of drum corps. How would you think the different corps from this year would fare? Would some of the shows continue to rise? Or did some of them run out of gas for that last week? If this were to happen, how do you think finals placement would turn out?

I think they would have to design shows a little differently, so that corps don't peak when they normally do (perfect time to peak is finals). Maybe shows could be a little longer too? Who knows.

I think you're looking for an answer like "Corps A would stall and not have much else to clean, while Corps B would have an extra week of cleaning to do and ultimately take over Corps A."

However, this ultimately points to (I think) a mistake on Corps B's part for miscalculating the time they had to refine their product. In this scenario, Corps A gets punished for accurately planning out their summer so well.

I've heard this argument many times over the years: That Phantom would have won with one extra week in 2006, that Crown would have won in 2009, etc. In my opinion, that shows complete disrespect for the members and staff of the championship corps and how they planned their summers. (Not to mention that both instances, in my opinion, are false.)

Most corps would go from near 150 members to maybe 80 members for the last two weeks. Lot's of holes!!!!