Can We Please Just Praise the Yokohama Scouts

I am so impressed with these guys performance, courage, and heart...magnified even more by the disaster that happened earlier in Japan. To me, this is the drum corps activity at its best. Just say a word of appreciation for them and give any insights you have on this corps, their journey to the US, and let's give kudos to them as much as possible.

• Like 4

Couldn't agree more!!! They had an awesome performance and were very entertaining. I am glad that DCI will be allowing them, and Jubal, to perform today and recognize them for their efforts. Long way to travel and a lot of money spent. The kids are probably having the time of their lives! Kudos to all!!!

• Like 2

These guys are great and are hard working, They're pretty much the beginning of DCJ in the mid-80's and are still going strong to this day. Their a valid contender and would like to see them more here in the states every so often.

• Like 2

They have a sign up at their souvie table that says they are donating all proceeds of their merchandise sales to the Japanese Red Cross to aid in tsunami relief. Please spend some money at their booth!

I did not get to see them this year. I am going to download their video when they become available though.

You are right. With all that happened in Japan, they represented their country real well.

Congratulations Yokohama Scouts. Hope I get to see you the next time you come to over.

Please have a safe and pleasant flight back.

I'm glad that they came over to pay a visit. My only problem is that I'm so old I can't get used to "praising" other corps. Back then most of us hated each others guts and wouldn't say a good word about anybody even with a gun to our heads, but times have changed and most likely for the better. It's good for Drum Corps that they're here.

They have a sign up at their souvie table that says they are donating all proceeds of their merchandise sales to the Japanese Red Cross to aid in tsunami relief. Please spend some money at their booth!

i just texted a buddie to pick me up a sweatshirt...thanks for the heads-up!

cg

Got to see them twice and in the parade. Quality performances. In the parade they had the guard in the long Kimono style dresses and they looked like they were having a blast. Saw them later up on the steps the memorial taking a big group pic. Well and saw what I thought was a bunch of their kids around at finals. I hope they had a good time coming over.

Also want to give it up to Jubal. Good show and nice bunch of folks.

Edited by WWonka