Semifinals Webcast chat

seriously... this is one of the strongest top 12s that i can remember

Strongest complete field! Hell I remember seeing Surf early season and enjoying it. And back to Crossmen could have made finals safely 10 years ago. The performance level top to bottom is insane.

Does it make any sense to sit and hardly ever clap for EVERY corps, let alone look unamused when you're at finals? There were a few small groups of people around me who kept looking over every time I stood up or shouted something. It's pretty upsetting.

Wow, I had the same thing happen to me tonight. Lady next to me sat with her arms folded for almost the last 4 hours! I would clap and she would lean away. What ever! There were several people who had absolutely no emotion after Madison, Phantom and Crown. Nothing! They DID get up and leave real quick before the Dutch corps started. Sad, Jubal (I think that was their name?) was really good!

The other moment I liked was when we were asked to stand for a moment of silence for the deaths in Japan. Several refused to participate there too.

But, it's a free nation - I just don't understand theirs.

...and I'm gonna get thrown out of LOS tomorrow. Clapping, shouting and standing.

I'll #### a lot of people off.

• Like 1

Like locust......they're everywhere! :ph34r:

It's all part of the Gibbs plan for world domination. :tongue:

Umm no...

I got to see 9 hours of drum corp today!!

Fan favorites by ovation from where i was: Scouts, Phantom, Cavies, Crown, Cadets

If I was the judge it would go: Cavies Bd Cadets Phantom Crown Bluecoats Madison Blue Knights SCV Blue Stars Spirit

Congrats to Spirit for making finals!

Blue Stars -- I do not get reborn from what I saw on the field. Sounded good.

Madison -- Holy cow the energy they drew from the crowd was amazing. I did not like this show n the fan network, but I do now.

BK -- This is one of my favorites of the year. But going on after Madison, with the crowd reaction, was almost a let down.

Boston -- I did not think the white material worked any better in person than it does on fan network... but what a beautiful solo.

Bluecoats -- Creep was one of the highlights of the evening... do not remember much afterwards.

SCV -- 3rd time seeing it and I just do not like the concept. There was very little reaction to this show.

Phantom -- Beautiful and Clean. Second goose bumps of the night.

Crown -- Did not like Rach Star on Fan Network, but I am warming to it like, It is fun, it is overdone, but it is great to listen to!

Cavies -- Loved it. I thought they were the best of the night.

BD -- Sounds good and they are clean, It is a shame that there is no response from the audience to the Devils... Their music is fantastic this year.

Cadets -- They have a championship show and have it cleaned up since I last saw it.

I also thought that the Cascades were much better than their finish! :)

My favorite DCI moments of the night:

Madison end

Phantom - entire program

Cavies shenanigans

Cadets fight

BD I Say a little prayer

Bluecoats Creep

Troopers chord

Crossmen cross

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Edited by AZKK
  • Like 1

Wow, I had the same thing happen to me tonight. Lady next to me sat with her arms folded for almost the last 4 hours! I would clap and she would lean away. What ever! There were several people who had absolutely no emotion after Madison, Phantom and Crown. Nothing! They DID get up and leave real quick before the Dutch corps started. Sad, Jubal (I think that was their name?) was really good!

The other moment I liked was when we were asked to stand for a moment of silence for the deaths in Japan. Several refused to participate there too.

But, it's a free nation - I just don't understand theirs.

...and I'm gonna get thrown out of LOS tomorrow. Clapping, shouting and standing.

I'll #### a lot of people off.

Where are you sitting... I'll come scream with you.... lol

Of the top 17 Corps placement positions from the Quarters, none of the placement positions changed here in the Semi's. I didn't think that Madison deserved to be the only Corps to move up.... or down for that matter. The Blue Knights upped their performance a lot I thought tonight in the Semi's over the Quarters to increase their spread over Madison Scouts of 2 tenths in the quarters to about a point here in the Semi's. By the same token, I thought the Madison Scouts did well enough tonite in performance to stay ahead of the Blue Stars by a still comfortable 1.35 pt. margin.

How did you see it ?

I agree with this...

This usually isn't a problem on DCP but I've seen it a few times on here tonight.... they are the CrossMEN. Crossmen, Xmen, Bones, they all work. Kinda like Boo's freakout about Bluecoats.

The corps appreciates the shout outs though!!!

And yes it is a simple spelling mistake most of the time. Just making sure. We've been confused to be the Glassmen before too... ask Brandt about Atlanta '08. "The Glassmen!!!........The Crossmen!!!!"