DCPI TIMES AWARDS

sorry DCPI Times died out this year---I have been way to swamped then internet issues while at finals (as well as personal issues)! BUT WHAT A FINALS IT WAS!!!

That being said the DCPI Times traditionally has awards after every live season. I would like to open up for nominees for that. Categories are:

Hall of Fame:

Director of the Year:

Rookie of the Year:

Show of the Year:

Corps of the year:

DCPI Spirit Award:

because this covers both live and off season, one can be nominated from either season. I do see there is a post regarding shows for this year, but I dont know about last season and no I dont have time to go digging for any but mine! :) Certainly if anyone wants to submit their own show from either season they can. I will take the top four nominees and this year I will set up a Survey Monkey after nominations for voting. I need some help with Rookies from either season so PLEASE if your a rookie from either one, put your name up! Nominees can be from any division or a combination, there is not criteria other than Hall of Fame you cant already be in it (duh) and Rookie you have to be new (not just your corps but YOU) in this or last season.

Edited by gcurrier

current Hall of Fame--however I feel like I am missing the most recent ones--anyone?

Hall of Fame

Steve Burstall - Founder, Executive Director (Seasons 1-6), Director of Oakland Skylarks, and Detriot Lamplighters. Inducted 2005.

Jeff Hinton - Executive Director (Seasons 8-Current), Director of Tennessee Nipples, Sons of Thunder, and Cincinnati Glory. Inducted 2005.

Matt Briddell - DCP-I I World Champion, Director of Kosmos and Kadence. Inducted 2005.

Matt Smith - DCP-I perennial finalist, Director of Tri-Color and Emerald Regime. Inducted 2006.

Shannon Jeffreys - DCP-I IV and V World Champion, Director of Mystré and Menagerie. Inducted 2006.

Bill Price - Founding Member, DCP-I II Division 2 World Champion. Director of Velour Knights, VK Too, and VK³. Inducted 2007.

John Donovan - Owner of DCP. Instrumental in setting up new and improved DCP-I web site. Inducted 2007.

Gary Currier - Director of The Knights, Creator and Editor of the DCP-I Times. CLASS President. Inducted 2007.

Mitch (StarOrg) - Director of Star of Jupiter, and StarOrg. DCP-I VI Div 1 Champion. Inducted 2007.

Cedric Leavell - Director of Nastalgia Vanguard, and the Nastalgia Music Project. Inducted 2008.

Kevin Pogue - inducted 2009

Edited by gcurrier

I actually just added Kevin...I am wondering if we didnt add a member in 2010?

Boy, I seem to recall having a vote last year, but can't remember the outcome.

Also, might want to update that to show Matt B. as current executive director.

Edited by hostrauser

Boy, I seem to recall having a vote last year, but can't remember the outcome.

Also, might want to update that to show Matt B. as current executive director.

ya lots of the info is outdated--when I have a second I will go through, but I took it directly from the history thread...heck you dont have anything listed!

I thought FOR SURE we voted last year too...Ill keep looking or maybe that person will come forward LOL

Honestly, i don't think we did vote for HOF. Maybe we did, and i just didn't, but i was thinkiong we hadn't put anybody in in a long time.

Honestly, i don't think we did vote for HOF. Maybe we did, and i just didn't, but i was thinkiong we hadn't put anybody in in a long time.

well I guess then this person will be extra special! LOL

man--would everyone calm down I cant even hear myself think...wait thats just the crickets...

so far um NO nominees....Ill gladly pick em all, but I dont want to be the only one voting TOO!

I nominate Chris Collins, director of The Fastener Group. Back to back World titles, only the third player to do so, and three titles in two seasons. Plus, a consistent finalist before that.

:smile:

I nominate Chris Collins, director of The Fastener Group. Back to back World titles, only the third player to do so, and three titles in two seasons. Plus, a consistent finalist before that.