Do You ever think you will see.....................

With bottles?

And performed by full-bearded men?

Think there were more full bearded men in Jr corps back in the 70s. :devil:

OK, this made me laugh had to post sumthin'

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Or Genesis

I'm not forgetting Forte or Genesis. But in terms of current placement in WC, Crossmen are the likely answer to the question that was asked. HOWEVER.... Wouldn't it be great if there were several powerhouse corps coming from Texas? To that I say.... YES! Bring it, Forte and Genesis!

Do you ever think we will ever see.....................

the Blue Devils place lower than 5th?

Spirit of Atlanta in the top 5?

a crops not from Illinois, California, or Pennsylvania win the World Championship?

the return of Star of Indiana, The 27th Lancers, North Star, Suncoast Sound, The Freelancers, The Guardsmen, Southwind, Memphis Blues Brass Band, Avant Garde, Pride of Cincinnati, or The Bridgemen (not an alumni version)?

George Hopkins smile while his corps performs?

Santa Clara Vanguard do the bottle dance again?

1. Maybe, they have been a model of consistency though, Seeing as how the last time they placed 5th was '91, and the last time the placed out of the top 5 was their first year as DCI Finalists, and only their second year competing. But still anything is possible.

2. This is likely, but not for a few years. I never thought we'd see Bluecoats as a top 3, and we had that last year. So anything is possible.

3. Yes I do, the championships are exclusive to BD, Cavies, Cadets , Phantom, SCV and Madison. They just have history behind them that keep drawing the best (staff and members) to them. Crown is getting close to a championship. So in the next 5-10 years you'll see Crown win their first.

4. As nice as it would be I don't think this is likely. Rarely do we see corps return, usually it just a new corps is formed in that area with a new name. Someone 'owns' those names (assuming here), so either those people would have to be the ones to restart the corps or give the ok for someone in the area to do it.

5. Meh.

6. I'd love to see/hear it again. Fortunately the last time they did it I was actually at finals and got to see it. It still gives me chill when I listen to it. I find it funny that there a lot of people that want corps to do new stuff and others to back to classics. Personally I don;t mind if a corps does either (new music or stuff from their past). With next year being 45th and DCI's 40th...maybe.

7. (Someone asked about Canadian corps in the top 12 again) This is the most unlikely of all of these I think. As nice as it would be to see, we'd have to go through a resurragance of drum corps in Canada again, and that is going to take time. This year there were only two Canadian corps at Worlds, and they were both open class. I don't think either corps has the resources to become a WC corps. Yes the Canadian dollar is a lot stronger now then when I marched, but until someone starts up more drum corps (and maybe a return of ODCA?) it seems as though Dutch Boy in '90 will be our last top 12 Canadian corps. What's really sad about this situation is I live in KW now. When I started marching (was living in Sudbury at the time so was marching with Blue Saints), KW had Ventures, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Dutch Boy and Cadets of Dutch Boy. And that's just KW. I remember ODCA finals having about 10-12 corps between 4 classes (Open, A, A-60 and B)