Pacific Northwest All-Age Corps

Yellow All!

Does anyone know of any all-age corps in the PNW? We're talking Washington State, Oregon, Idaho and BC.....I'd love an DCA affiliated group, but really any mini-corps would be great. Does not seem to be anything out here.

I think that this site started out as the Seatle Sound machine message board. I don't know what ever became of that corp, I believe that they went to CA once to compete with Rengades in the early 2000's but I haven't heard about them since.

I think that this site started out as the Seatle Sound machine message board. I don't know what ever became of that corp, I believe that they went to CA once to compete with Rengades in the early 2000's but I haven't heard about them since.

I believe they became Northwest Venture from Seattle ... run by Ray Feller ... there's currently a drum ensemble from that area that does parades ... can't remember the guy's name who runs them ...

:-)

Neverman?

You guys have several different groups confused with each other.

Northwest Venture was a DCA styled All Age corps that existed roughly between 1998 and 2004. They have since folded.

There is a drum line called Pacific Alliance run by Kevin Nordeen. They do parades and some exhibitions. Good line. I'm pretty sure Kevin still has their webpage up. Try googling Pacific Alliance. Here's a video clip:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkxv_64EYc

There is another drum line run by Jim Nevermann called 2nd Wind. They do parades only. A little less active than Pacific Alliance. You can reach Jim through the Bellevue Sentinels webpage at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/114008055728/

There is also a horn line run by Steve Baretich called Brass Attack. They have a Facebook page located here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Seattle-Brass-Attack/113688585314298

I myself would love to see a DCA styled, field competitive corps be established in the Seattle area. With all the buzz going on in the Sacramento area right now with the Freelancers perhaps a west coast DCA circuit could be a reality again. Five corps: Renegades, SoCal Dream, Velvet Knights, Freelancers and a corps from the Seattle area.

Rice

Edited by rwrice

Is the Sounders Brass Band still active? I think Troopers staff used to run it.

It's kind of sad, but I think that groups like this are destined to remain local as it's just prohibitive to travel almost anywhere... You had to live there to realize just how far Seattle is from EVERYWHERE.

Jim Nevermann, Steve Baretich and Kevin Nordeen are some of the finest drum corps people I've ever met... If anyone could put something together they can, but travel costs and time are completely prohibitive.

Thanks for the info, at least I have a starting point. I wonder if Garth Stubbs has anything going?

And Seattle is far away from just about everything - that is until you hit Alaska. My wife was stationed there in the coast guard and boy does it bring the greater Seattle area closer to the rest of the world.

Thanks for the info, at least I have a starting point. I wonder if Garth Stubbs has anything going?

And Seattle is far away from just about everything - that is until you hit Alaska. My wife was stationed there in the coast guard and boy does it bring the greater Seattle area closer to the rest of the world.

Wow! Garth Stubbs? Now there's a name from the past. I know he still volunteers time to the Cascades if that will help.

Here's the link: http://www.seattlecascades.org/

Rice