1957 historic event replayed in 2011

From Garfield's Alumni web site:

Color Guard 1958

Garfield 1958

Thanks for posting those AJ, that picture of the '58 Corp Marching past Garfield H.S. I took myself from my backyard. It's the only picture set that shows the Corp wearing "Black stockings" instead of the White ones. Still trying to find a way to post the one of the Drum Line from '58 with the Cavies drums.

Great story. I had the opposite situation recently. I am an alumni of the Kilties and have an original snare drum that the Kilties used in their first public appearance in Racine's 1936 Fourth of July parade. This drum was one in the first set of drums bought for the Kilties in 1935 and was used by them until a new set of drum was purchased in the early 1940s. It's still in wonderful condition needing only new heads. I asked the Kilties if they would be interested in using it or at least marching with it in Racine's 2011 Fourth of July parade as a sort of 75th anniversary of their first public appearance thing and they politely told me that they weren't interested.

Thanks for posting those AJ, that picture of the '58 Corp Marching past Garfield H.S. I took myself from my backyard. It's the only picture set that shows the Corp wearing "Black stockings" instead of the White ones. Still trying to find a way to post the one of the Drum Line from '58 with the Cavies drums.

I found this on DCP, white socks courtesy of George Lee. If you'll excuse me, I'll be at the color guard forum; tis the season :smile:

Garfield_1958_dcp_george_lee.jpg