Stagger Breathing

buckeyemusicman

Sorry I was a bit lazy and didn't read all of the posts above.

Its all and well talking about how to do stagger breathing etc - its about the application.

I know this for sure as I am the devil for it, picture the scenario we're coming into a big diagonal line to form the Mountains at the end of the ballad in Kidsgrove's The Summit show. When we hit the set is the big chord, very naughtily I would come in with the note and then drop out and get a big breath and then slam back in, but because I had a fresh breath I came across louder than the rest who would of been having a breath after. I got slated for hammering an attack in rather than doing it subtly (as recommended up above) and ruining the effect of this big wall of sound so to say. I think its very hard in a situation like that because when you are in the moment you can loose control, I think every time we played that I was literally buzzing from it all which tends to lead to a lack of application of technique.

Any hornline can stand there and play a big loud chord, but the best hornlines can do it seamlessly keeping perfection throughout.

I hope that was some help, don't loose control!

• 10 months later...

Bumping this thread back up after I saw a post in one of the other sections of the forums.