Bucs to be out in force at Cavalcade of Bands Championships Nov 12-13

The Reading Buccaneers will once again be out in force at this weekend's Cavalcade of Bands Championships in Hershey, PA and Millersville, PA. As we've been for quite a while now, Buccaneers will be very visible all weekend as ticket sellers, gate personnel, band liaisons and equipment assistants. In addition, we will have a membership table underneath the home stands and will welcome the opportunity to speak with members, prospective members and parents about our corps and our plans for the year.

So much excitement in Pretzeltown this off-season - we've announced a world-class team of designers and caption heads and introduced you to the world-class teams directing the brass, percussion and color guard captions, and the visual staff announcement will be out shortly; we've announced an awesome and inspiring class of inductees into the Buccaneers Hall of Fame; we've released a brand new web site; and we're working on a very exciting announcement for what we know will be a very exciting 2012 program - which we'll release on Membership Day, November 27. We're chomping at the bit to get started and welcome anyone looking for the experience of a lifetime.

So, if you're at Cavalcade this weekend, stop by, say hi, and inquire about the 2012 Reading Buccaneers!

To all performing this weekend, best wishes for your best performance of the year!

• Like 1

This is always a great weekend to catch up with members of the Buccaneer family. It's also a wonderful time to find out about the Buccaneers. If you see someone in a black corps jacket, that means they have had the awesome experiencing of marching with the corps. Ask them about their experience, I'm sure they'd be glad to share it with you!!!! :thumbup:

I hope the weather stays nice for the weekend, I hate the cold. :sad:

Good luck to all the band members in competition this weekend.

• Like 1

Go Bucs!

Go Plymouth Whitemarsh!

oh and Lois...it looks like the weather should be great (although it's always windy in Hershey.. :thumbdown:

Hope all is well with you...

It was a great weekend in Hershey and Millersville! Thank you so much to Mitch Adams and Cavalcade of Bands for rolling out the red carpet to the Buccaneers once again. Speaking of red, it was great to spend some time getting to know some of our friends in the Caballeros even better. Messrs. Ponzo, Fontanelle, Prince and Katz....you guys rock (and have the BEST neon yellow pens)! Have a great winter and we'll look forward to taking the field with you in June!

Lots of buzz about the recruting table and lots of great conversations with prospective members, parents, alumni and friends.

We've now posted the entire staff roster - it's a world-class staff that will put together and teach a world-class program. We're ready for another great year - we just need YOU to be part of it!

November 27. It all begins then. Join us.

www.readingbuccaneers.org

• Like 1

My advance scouts alerted me that you were en route so I slipped out ahead of time....

:tongue:

Actually, I had a prior engagement to attend to and the recruiting table was more than ably staffed by Robin Ford and Candice Monhollan. Sorry to have missed you! Had a great chat with Mrs. Ream on Saturday.