Nee-Hi's

Anyone remember Bobby Beck teaching them late 70's? He marched 1974 with PR (timp)and marched triples with us in the Royal Coachmen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Remember him? How can you forget him! I had some of the best times of my life with him (along with others, Carline, Maurer, Sudsy, Scott, Houseman, Rosey, Holly, Fahning, Whiteheads, and some young snot nosed kid kieth to name just a few) Great drummer, friend and high energy crazy person I remember him while warming up admiring his mallet work.......... thinking ..i could do that, be a drummer, then catch myself, ( why would I lower myself,sops are the best) We all had great times in the RCDC. We also had some ledgendary trips to Daytona Beach with Sudsy and Scott Batt for spring break in the 70's in Beck's truck camper. The last time i remember seeing him I think was the first time DCI was in Buffalo and he had a party at his house. Its been awhile ago. Have you heard from him? I still can,t get the RCDC street beat out of my head after miles and miles of parades. All the field days at all the fire companies, Corn Festivals, Peach Festival, Cherry Festival, Apple festival Polaski day, ect, ect. on and on. loved it all!

Who is this? Which street beat? Louie, Louie? Snot nosed? LOL

Remember him? How can you forget him! I had some of the best times of my life with him (along with others, Carline, Maurer, Sudsy, Scott, Houseman, Rosey, Holly, Fahning, Whiteheads, and some young snot nosed kid kieth to name just a few) Great drummer, friend and high energy crazy person I remember him while warming up admiring his mallet work.......... thinking ..i could do that, be a drummer, then catch myself, ( why would I lower myself,sops are the best) We all had great times in the RCDC. We also had some ledgendary trips to Daytona Beach with Sudsy and Scott Batt for spring break in the 70's in Beck's truck camper. The last time i remember seeing him I think was the first time DCI was in Buffalo and he had a party at his house. Its been awhile ago. Have you heard from him? I still can,t get the RCDC street beat out of my head after miles and miles of parades. All the field days at all the fire companies, Corn Festivals, Peach Festival, Cherry Festival, Apple festival Polaski day, ect, ect. on and on. loved it all!

• Like 1

Anyone remember Bobby Beck teaching them late 70's? He marched 1974 with PR (timp)and marched triples with us in the Royal Coachmen.

Darn, Keith. You got me again. I thought you were opening a thread about soda.

• Like 1

Gee who could this be? Marv, Tommy Wein, Carl T.??? It has to be someone from the early 70's when Charlie was with us......soprano? Mike Plachta, Keith Colkitt, Dave Newman, Bill Fahning,Babo????

Houseman wrote the street beat, it starts out like this. (snare) bamm bamm bamm bamm

• Like 1

lets see , you forgot a few names , I got a few wrong, Norm and Mike Whiteman, not Whitehead Mike W. played baritone along with Dan Plachta and Paul Colkitt, already mentioned Sudsy. Can't forget Marianne Plachta at sop either. gotta mention Amy Colkitt & the BATTS too. lots of families.

but people came and left. but not everybody was there at the same time. As you know PR, Kingsmen, PhaseII, Guelph Royalaires got a bunch of us.

Sorry that i digress, subject at hand, Bobby Beck, I gotta hold of one of my oldest friends on the left coast ( he's a higher upper at a higher upper corp who knows another higher upper at another higher upper corp who might know what has become of him. I believe he originally played with the Lakeview Shoreliners.

just remember.......tap your white bucks together three times and say .......Birch beer & Beefers.........Birch beer & Beefers.......Birch Beer And Beefers

Tons of guys....I was thinking of soprano players. Dave Beach, Alicia Frank, Jim "Joe Drum Corps" Vlaovich,Barb Corrigan, Barb Smitherman, The Wilzcak brothers, Don Barber, Steve Bennett, Dave Colkitt, The Piepers (my cousins), The Narby's, Plummers, Joel LaMarr, Butterworth's...I could go on and on.

So who is this?????

lets see , you forgot a few names , I got a few wrong, Norm and Mike Whiteman, not Whitehead Mike W. played baritone along with Dan Plachta and Paul Colkitt, already mentioned Sudsy. Can't forget Marianne Plachta at sop either. gotta mention Amy Colkitt & the BATTS too. lots of families.

but people came and left. but not everybody was there at the same time. As you know PR, Kingsmen, PhaseII, Guelph Royalaires got a bunch of us.

Sorry that i digress, subject at hand, Bobby Beck, I gotta hold of one of my oldest friends on the left coast ( he's a higher upper at a higher upper corp who knows another higher upper at another higher upper corp who might know what has become of him. I believe he originally played with the Lakeview Shoreliners.

just remember.......tap your white bucks together three times and say .......Birch beer & Beefers.........Birch beer & Beefers.......Birch Beer And Beefers

• Like 1

Dang, thats alot of names, I had forgotten some of them, I was always bad at names, some very very good people you mentioned. Brings back alot of memories, didn't the Butterworths have that big station wagon, or when Hathaway had us putting the cup out around town trying to drum up some money for the corps,I had the bank(M&T?)in Mid-City Plaza ( along with others), How about that old bus cruiser we tried to work on , I remember sanding the roof on that beast. We never used it and I don't remember the whole story behind it.....

Birch Beer & beefers Birch Beer & Beefers I really do miss Birch Beer and Beefers at rescue 5