PLATINUM ANNOUNCES OUR 2012 CAPTION TEAM!

Drums1

That has not been my experience. I have had his input in DCI, BOA and WGI. He is one of the most honest and insightful judges I have listened to. Perhaps he told you or your corps the truth and that must not have been right....

No, that's not the case. I do believe he has always been honest, but his honesty has not been of any help whereas other judges have been very insightful.

• Like 1

Hopefully more than 30 members attended.

Well, our goal as an organization like many others this coming season IS to make it out to finals. On a personal note, I look forward to having the kids share their personal and learning experiences with me. These along with the education each member will receive from marching a season of Drum Corps at ANY level, is something they will take with them for rest of their lives. And at the end of the day isn't THAT whats important?

-Charlie Dolar-

-Percussion Caption Head-

-Platinum Drum & Bugle Corps-

• Like 4

I would like to echo what Charlie stated, This is all about teaching and learning life lessons not only to the youth, but to ourselves. This activity is like a REALLY big family. We all need to support each other and make it the best possible season not only for ourselves but everyone that has been involved in the activity and those who have yet to participate.

• Like 2

sounds like less than 30 kids

quote name='Robert-m' timestamp='1322202117' post='3100388']

I would like to echo what Charlie stated, This is all about teaching and learning life lessons not only to the youth, but to ourselves. This activity is like a REALLY big family. We all need to support each other and make it the best possible season not only for ourselves but everyone that has been involved in the activity and those who have yet to participate.

Well 3rd and 10... You of course are entitled to your opinion. I will not get into a debate on this subject. But, know this, If you ARE a fan of Drum Corps, then you know how hard it is to actually get a corps ON THE FIELD. Don't believe me? Ask the 100's of groups that are no longer around. We are doing our best to give these kids a positive educational experience. I was not part of this program in the seasons prior to this one, and frankly I don't care about the past. All I want to do is make sure these kids have a GREAT experience this upcoming summer. By the way, If you are around this summer, please feel free and stop by our warm up and say hi. I always appreciate meeting fellow Drum Corps fans.

Edited by Drums1
  • Like 3

You should care about the past actions of the administration.

Drum Corps history is littered with well intentioned staff and incompetent management. A recent example is Revolution. Another would be Tar Heel Sun. Look into your corps finances, it's fundraising and recruiting. You will then get a sense if there is a future or if you are just spinning your wheels and helping members spend their tuition fees on something that, once again, will not come to fruition.

Well 3rd and 10... You of course are entitled to your opinion. I will not get into a debate on this subject. But, know this, If you ARE a fan of Drum Corps, then you know how hard it is to actually get a corps ON THE FIELD. Don't believe me? Ask the 100's of groups that are no longer around. We are doing our best to give these kids a positive educational experience. I was not part of this program in the seasons prior to this one, and frankly I don't care about the past. All I want to do is make sure these kids have a GREAT experience this upcoming summer. By the way, If you are around this summer, please feel free and stop by our warm up and say hi. I always appreciate meeting fellow Drum Corps fans.

Edited by 3rd&10

And you still haven't divulged how many students are in the corps.....

You should care about the past actions of the administration.

Drum Corps history is littered with well intentioned staff and incompetent management. A recent example is Revolution. Another would be Tar Heel Sun. Look into your corps finances, it's fundraising and recruiting. You will then get a sense if there is a future or if you are just spinning your wheels and helping members spend their tuition fees on something that, once again, will not come to fruition.

Edited by 3rd&10
  • Like 1

And you still haven't divulged how many students are in the corps.....

....nor would I expect him to share such information here, where the audience is so cheery and supportive. :tongue:

If you must know, why don't you go to their next camp and find out firsthand? Volunteer to help out....feed the kids during camp....provide transportation....be part of the solution.

• Like 4

Again I echo my spill about this being a family, WE HAVE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER OR NOTHING WE DO AS A DRUM CORPS COMMUNITY WILL BEAR FRUIT SO TO SPEAK. Please stop being so negative. The correct people know the numbers, and Audiodb has it correct, the staff here at Platinum will not share this sort of info wtih anyone, nor will you see the negativity that this postive post was stating that the staff is together on its path of thinking and are a great team of people that bring a wealth of experiance to the corps, before it blew up into a drama spill. All we are asking is that everyone support the efforts of those of us that are putting in the time to rectuit the youth and educate them in the marching medium. I am pulling my teacher card out here like I have to do every so often in my classroom of college "kids" young adults. If you can't be nice to others keep your mouth shut, and you don't need to say anything, so either do your own work quitely or help others in a positive way so that everyones time worth is worth while... So Instead of being negative and trashing the efforts of the people who are working to make something happen and feild a corps. You have to ask yourself this question. ARE YOU HELPING IN ANYWAY? No you aren't. Grow up and be an adult, and stop downing something that others are doing and working hard apon to further the world of music in the marching medium. Thank you for the support and we all look forward to seeing everyone this summer, or at a camp. God's speed to all.

Robert

• Like 2