DCUK - "Which Way will you go?"

2B or not 2B

The "Kidsgrove Scouts" came over the pond and made a Big Time Hit, at DCA. (DCA World Championships - Top 10) They are a more DCI style DCA Corps for sure. But they do it DCA's way of things. I know they plan to return to the USA again in 2012 for DCA's..

"The Company" - Clearly a Top Corps over there in G.B. and Europe. BUT, they are a, Total DCI group in everyway. From the Utube vidio's. Looks like they would have done VERY well at the DCI World Championships. Surely giving many of the DCI Open Class (and maybe a few W. C. Corps) a good run.

Will either one change their way of doing things in the future?

Will "The Company" ever come over for DCI.

Two Very Different Corps. But. TWO really Great Corps for sure!

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

It's all well talking about tours across the pond but the expense and time it takes to organise a trip is colossal, I think there's a lot of corps who would love to go over to the States just for the experience but it will probably never be a realistic idea.

I did hear The Company were on about an American tour, not sure how true it is - best idea would be just to wait to see if they ever announce about it.

I can say for sure though, we love'd our last trip over and will be forever grateful for everyone who helped make it possible. Including many people over the pond.

What makes DCUK real good for the crowd is how diverse it is throughout the whole circuit and not just with us and The Company. I think I can speak for both corps when I say that we'd play to the strengths of what people like about our own corps. Be it making the most of a big hornline using big power chords or with The Company playing to the strengths of the visual ideas that are portrayed across and unique characteristics.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all well talking about tours across the pond but the expense and time it takes to organise a trip is colossal, I think there's a lot of corps who would love to go over to the States just for the experience but it will probably never be a realistic idea.

I did hear The Company were on about an American tour, not sure how true it is - best idea would be just to wait to see if they ever announce about it.

I can say for sure though, we love'd our last trip over and will be forever grateful for everyone who helped make it possible. Including many people over the pond.

What makes DCUK real good for the crowd is how diverse it is throughout the whole circuit and not just with us and The Company. I think I can speak for both corps when I say that we'd play to the strengths of what people like about our own corps. Be it making the most of a big hornline using big power chords or with The Company playing to the strengths of the visual ideas that are portrayed across and unique characteristics.

Oh I understand the Cost thing. (God, think what it must have Cost the "Yokahama Inspires" to come to Rochester,NY from Japan)

But what I was getting at is. "The Company" show that I saw on Youtube is 100% DCI and could not compete in DCA. Many of the things they, did and used are Not Legal in DCA. But then if they have anyone over 22 they have problems in DCI. See what I am saying. BOTH You and The Company are TOP Liners without a doubt.

I hope to see you guy's in 2012 Live and in person. I was way to sick to do any traveling the last few years and I did not get to see you other than on Youtube. If things hold up I Will be in Annapolis,MD in 2012. Cheering you on!!! It is a goal I have set.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Oh I understand the Cost thing. (God, think what it must have Cost the "Yokahama Inspires" to come to Rochester,NY from Japan)

But what I was getting at is. "The Company" show that I saw on Youtube is 100% DCI and could not compete in DCA. Many of the things they, did and used are Not Legal in DCA. But then if they have anyone over 22 they have problems in DCI. See what I am saying. BOTH You and The Company are TOP Liners without a doubt.

I hope to see you guy's in 2012 Live and in person. I was way to sick to do any traveling the last few years and I did not get to see you other than on Youtube. If things hold up I Will be in Annapolis,MD in 2012. Cheering you on!!! It is a goal I have set.

Yes I see where you are coming from, the only thing is that we both compete in the Open Class of the DCUK circuit which is fully open age and I know that The Company like us has alot of people over the age of 22 however would still be able to compete in DCI in the International Class under our rules like Jubal did this season. DCUK is similar to DCA by being an open age association but also similar to DCI by allowing electronics and amplification. We're a full mixed bag over the pond!

It would be great if you make it to Annapolis next year, we appreciate your support if your at the stadium or even watching on YouTube.

Edited by Scatfish