Reading Buccaneers Announce 2012 Production

yeah I'm not worried the design team won't be able to bring it to life.

definitely an intriguing program

i didn't mention the design team or their ability. (and tom's reaction was a bit over-the-top defensive).

i just mentioned the Reich piece because it's fairly far afield from your typical DCA fare (although for Reich it's downright lyrical).

i agree it's a fairly interesting selection of music. 1812 seems an odd choice given the previous pieces. will be interesting to see how they interpret it.

Edited by corpsband

I'm not defensive, am I? Am I? Who says I am? I wonder what they mean by that.... :shutup:

This is not a defensive rebuttal to your comment about me being defensive but a little clarity about my initial non-defensive but apparently offensive comment. :tongue: All kidding aside, I thought the parallel to Chairman Dances was apt, since that's not typical DCA fare either and our team was able to take a modern, minimalist, rhythmic piece and make it fan-friendly. I think the same will be true with the Reich tune.

:ph34r:

Tom -

This sounds REALLY interesting..There's one or 2 pieces I don't know, but I thought MBI's brain trust were twisted with what they did the last couple of years.. :blink:

Bjork and the 1812 Overture ??... :rock: Can't wait to see this..

I might be able to get a preview secretly...since one of our own was planning to join your ranks this year :devil:

Let's hope I can make it to DCA (or sooner) to get gassed once again.. :worthy:

The "Battle in Blue" continues !! :thumbup:

Pat

i didn't mention the design team or their ability. (and tom's reaction was a bit over-the-top defensive).

i just mentioned the Reich piece because it's fairly far afield from your typical DCA fare (although for Reich it's downright lyrical).

i agree it's a fairly interesting selection of music. 1812 seems an odd choice given the previous pieces. will be interesting to see how they interpret it.

except your typical DCA fare is....well....widely varied.

a look at last years reps will show that DCA isn't what it was even 10 years ago in terms of the music performed.

( and that was far from over the top from Tom. He can be way worse :tongue: )

except your typical DCA fare is....well....widely varied.

a look at last years reps will show that DCA isn't what it was even 10 years ago in terms of the music performed.

I think the only top 12 DCI corps to even touch Reich are the Gmen. It's far afield. And that's a positive in my book :-)

:ph34r:

Tom -

This sounds REALLY interesting..There's one or 2 pieces I don't know, but I thought MBI's brain trust were twisted with what they did the last couple of years.. :blink:

Bjork and the 1812 Overture ??... :rock: Can't wait to see this..

I might be able to get a preview secretly...since one of our own was planning to join your ranks this year :devil:

Let's hope I can make it to DCA (or sooner) to get gassed once again.. :worthy:

The "Battle in Blue" continues !! :thumbup:

Pat

We'll look forward to seeing you, Pat!

Jeff:

Any response I could muster would run afoul of the forum guidelines and would not be 'positive-image-enhancing,' so I'll just say 'thank you' for the compliment and leave you with a snappy emoticon. :thumbup:

Jeff:

Any response I could muster would run afoul of the forum guidelines and would not be 'positive-image-enhancing,' so I'll just say 'thank you' for the compliment and leave you with a snappy emoticon. :thumbup:

I'm so glad you get humor

:tongue:

It certainly was a day of surprises and hard work Tom. I was disappointed to not be able to rest my back on my favorite pilaster in the auditorium, but rewarding since I stood in the back of the auditorium with my former student Andrew K and with my two new prospects. The organization showed its CLASS and efficiency in all aspects and the kids and parents went away with feelings of comfort and excitement for the season at hand. The vet's all showed why and how the Blue family makes their commitment to excellence year after year.

Thanks to all for allowing this old dinosaur to have the pleasure of standing in that horn arc one more time

Guido

I guess you being relegated to the rear of the auditorium is a good thing.

Edited by Mike McMullen

Thanks to you also Paul. You seem to be a very good 'fit' for Bucs and I wish you and the staff all good things for this year.

Well, as for the Dino BBQ shirt.....that's what my generation ate when in Rochester...dinosaur......all kinds....ya catch 'em; ya clean 'em; then eat 'em.

Tony is a class act and a very special guy.....and as you can see there are many 'historical' folks connected with team BLUE...... :worthy:

Might I add, you did wear a "Dinosaur BBQ" T-Shirt as well. Was this a reference to your age or to the mounds of Pulled Pork the Bucs staff consumed on Prelims night last September :-) Jim thank you for coming to Membership Day. It was surely a pleasure to finally meet such historical figures as yourself and Tony Yaclick!

We continue this coming weekend back at Twin Valley! I hope to see all of your cats there this weekend!!

Thanks again to everyone that came out to Membership Day!