Didn’t appreciate you back in the day but now I realize how good you w

After seeing the post about North Star in 1979, I decided to watch the 1979 Legacy DVD of North Star, and then popped in 1978 and 1980. I always thought they were good, but they were much better than I remember. As I thought about it, I realized I probably saw North Star perform these shows at least five times each season, and in 1978 the number was probably closer to ten times. Perhaps due to my love of 27th, my respect for BAC and the fact I knew some of their members and instructors, and the fact that Holy Family Defenders were always my favorite feel good corps, I don't think I appreciated how good North Star was while they were marching and the great shows I saw live.

So, as we end this old year and begin a new one, I ask if there are any corps you saw back in the day, that now may be no more (though they can still be in existence), that you have a greater appreciation for today than you did all those years ago?

Edited by Tim K

"Very Much Missed and Appreciated":

Several: St Vincents Cadets come to mind. We actually "Missed" their "Glory Years" of the National Championships in the mid 1950's, but remember what a great inovator and competitor they were, even as they were about to check out.

St Kevins Emerald Knights remain one of our very favorites, their 1960's wide open drills and GE saturated musical program (CFourtesy of Bergdoll & Fisher) high on our list.

St Catherine's Queensmen are another great "Parish" unit that made it intio the "Big Time" of the early 1960's corps strata with a great program of Hayes-Genero music and an "Easy to look at" marching program.

Elphaba

I saw the Lt. Norman Prince "Princemen" perform before 1965.

I thought all drum corps were that good.

I also thought every color guard tossed actual 12-pound M-1 Garand rifles backward over the shoulders - with G.I. slings and fixed bayonets.

Edited by Navillus WP