Pioneer 2012

One week to camp! What are you doing with your summer coming up???

We were trying to get the rights to play music from U2, and as many predicted... it couldn't be done. However, we've come up with a pretty interesting substitution: I’m Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

That's going to be bad-###. Perhaps the theme of the show will convey the grittier side of achieving the American Dream?

Edited by warsawstory

It's camp week!

Also have to mention that even though color guard isn't required to be back until March, new guard people not involved in WGI are welcome to come to our winter camps where they can grow in their skills and get a feel for what the corps is about!

If you're planning to attend, please register at the following link:

January Camp Info & Registration

We hope to see a lot of you there!

Pioneer I was wondering if you guys could post more preseason clips this year? It would be great if you could post them on your website, and also post some legal ones on youtube. It would be nice to see more preseason hype for Pioneer(as well as many other 18-23 placing corps) My dream would be to see the stadium filled to capacity at 1pm or whatever time quarterfinals starts on Thursday. It is amazing how many people are missing out on some wonderful shows early on that day. Last year was spectacular, a day filled over 35 great performances( I can't remember the exact number of corps participating that day). The body may be tired by the end of the day, but from an eyes and ears standpoint it was more than worth it.

I was also thinking of an idea that would be nice for your souvenir booth. Any possibility you could take all of your shows from the 90s and put them on a DVD set? I know a lot of us have your shows from the 90s on vhs, but I don't think(and maybe I have missed it) that any of your 90's shows have been released on DVD? I am not sure what your cost would be to produce it exactly. but I would guess between former marching members from that decade, and several hundreds of fans that would purchase that item you could easily sell well over 1,000 units.

Pioneer I was wondering if you guys could post more preseason clips this year? It would be great if you could post them on your website, and also post some legal ones on youtube. It would be nice to see more preseason hype for Pioneer(as well as many other 18-23 placing corps) My dream would be to see the stadium filled to capacity at 1pm or whatever time quarterfinals starts on Thursday. It is amazing how many people are missing out on some wonderful shows early on that day. Last year was spectacular, a day filled over 35 great performances( I can't remember the exact number of corps participating that day). The body may be tired by the end of the day, but from an eyes and ears standpoint it was more than worth it.

I was also thinking of an idea that would be nice for your souvenir booth. Any possibility you could take all of your shows from the 90s and put them on a DVD set? I know a lot of us have your shows from the 90s on vhs, but I don't think(and maybe I have missed it) that any of your 90's shows have been released on DVD? I am not sure what your cost would be to produce it exactly. but I would guess between former marching members from that decade, and several hundreds of fans that would purchase that item you could easily sell well over 1,000 units.

We would like to post more clips and so forth, but in all honesty it's a double edge sword. If we post anything more than some camp dates and basic press releases detailing our show/staff, there's a contingency of DCP regulars that come at us with torches lit and accuse us of overhyping the corps and/or failing to live up to the hype. Fair enough. We respect their opinions and have made an effort not to overhype the corps while still getting the necessary/relevant info out there.

In addition, it's no secret that we often times start out the winter/spring with less than the desired number of members. Would a video from the December Camp in 2010 that showed 12 horn players really have hyped up or helped anything leading up to the 2011 season? I don't know... My gut reaction is that it would have led to even more of the turmoil that we had on DCP over the past two years.

More realistically, I have the equipment, hardware and software that would allow us to produce videos the same quality as Blue Devils, Cadets and some of the other top tier corps. What we lack often times is the physical time to make it happen. I've done videos for the corps in the past, but the past couple years have been full of personal challenges that have made it more difficult for me to spend time with the corps. I'm working on a couple of things for the spring time (including a new video gallery for the website), but don't want to make any real promises on the content until it goes live!

DVD - We're working on a project that may extend back over the entire 50 year history of the corps. Again, time is a huge factor here and finding the equipment necessary to convert some of these old formats has been a bit of challenge. More to come on this at a later date!

We would like to post more clips and so forth, but in all honesty it's a double edge sword. If we post anything more than some camp dates and basic press releases detailing our show/staff, there's a contingency of DCP regulars that come at us with torches lit and accuse us of overhyping the corps and/or failing to live up to the hype. Fair enough. We respect their opinions and have made an effort not to overhype the corps while still getting the necessary/relevant info out there.

In addition, it's no secret that we often times start out the winter/spring with less than the desired number of members. Would a video from the December Camp in 2010 that showed 12 horn players really have hyped up or helped anything leading up to the 2011 season? I don't know... My gut reaction is that it would have led to even more of the turmoil that we had on DCP over the past two years.

More realistically, I have the equipment, hardware and software that would allow us to produce videos the same quality as Blue Devils, Cadets and some of the other top tier corps. What we lack often times is the physical time to make it happen. I've done videos for the corps in the past, but the past couple years have been full of personal challenges that have made it more difficult for me to spend time with the corps. I'm working on a couple of things for the spring time (including a new video gallery for the website), but don't want to make any real promises on the content until it goes live!

DVD - We're working on a project that may extend back over the entire 50 year history of the corps. Again, time is a huge factor here and finding the equipment necessary to convert some of these old formats has been a bit of challenge. More to come on this at a later date!

Thanks for the answers. I can understand all of that. I am just disappointed that more people don't get to shows early enough to see Pioneer(and other corps) and thought if there were more early season publicity, more people might see what a great corps Pioneer is.

And I do hope Pioneer finds it feasible and profitable, and is able to cover the man hours to provide a video history of the corps, along with full shows from the 90s and before. But I also do understand time constraints, equipment restraints, and realize it might not be possible. Is there any chance you could get some of the former members to volunteer their time to help with the transfer of everything? Or even some local volunteers?

Here's to an amazing season for Pioneer. Best of luck for a safe and fun season for all involved. Can't wait to see you in June