Pioneer 2012

On another note...

Just came back from visiting Ellis Island, partly for personal research (seeing the ship manifest with your grandmother's name on it and seeing the ship she came in on was priceless and moving)... but also partly for research for the show. Looks like there's going to be some very very cool design ideas coming out of this as staff start discussing ideas...

It's got me to the point where I'm asking... is it move in's yet? ;)

Just thought I'd share. :)

Lansing

• Like 1

On another note...

Just came back from visiting Ellis Island, partly for personal research (seeing the ship manifest with your grandmother's name on it and seeing the ship she came in on was priceless and moving)... but also partly for research for the show. Looks like there's going to be some very very cool design ideas coming out of this as staff start discussing ideas...

Lansing

I agree 100%, very moving tour.

All sorts of options design wise... seeing the skyline for the 1st time, drawing diamonds, slums etc.

On another note...

Lansing

I like reading your post's, always thought more people involved should do this. I think it helps with your exposure, keep up the good work. Looking forward to 2012!

Hi Folks...

One thing we have noticed with this economy... several potential members who were very interested... are finding difficulty coming up with funds, even for us as one of the more inexpensive groups to tour with. If anyone has ideas of how to help, or know of people who can sponsor members, please let me know. How exciting would it be to have some of these kids who cannot meet the entire tour fee have a chance at the DCI experience! If you have ideas too, let me know... we have the SOPY sponsor program, and many kids utilize this but it's always nice to find fresh ideas of who to ask for sponsorships or programs that might be around to help them fill in the $ gap.

www.pioneer-corps.org

Thanks for reading.

Lansing

Brass Caption Head

Here's an idea on helping to finance some of the students who can't afford fees. How about a lot of people on DCP donating to Pioneer to help out with some fees? A few people on the boards are always complaining that Pioneer is too small, and don't march enough members. Well, here is the perfect opportunity to help out Pioneer, and the wonderful young members that march there. How about all of those people donate $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 or whatever they might be able to afford, and put some wonderful kids in drum corps who might not ever have such an opportunity again. To be honest, I think we all owe Pioneer quite a bit. They take the effort and train kids, and so many of them end up marching in other corps, making those corps better every day as well.

Good luck to Pioneer on their upcoming season. I am looking forward to seeing your show in June.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...