ARC CARRIERS

CANDRUMMER

Anyone from the 60's 70's era remember the ARC CARRIER? Theywere used for bass drums and triples "back in the day"

Simple construction of a "Y" shape aluminium frame padded with 3 inch foam rubber that fitted over your shoulders from the back with two nylon adjustable straps.It put tthe weight of the drum or drums more on your back area than forward in the front like todays carriers.

Anyone from the 60's 70's era remember the ARC CARRIER? Theywere used for bass drums and triples "back in the day"

Simple construction of a "Y" shape aluminium frame padded with 3 inch foam rubber that fitted over your shoulders from the back with two nylon adjustable straps.It put tthe weight of the drum or drums more on your back area than forward in the front like todays carriers.

Sure do. I played rudi bass my first year in the corps and used one of those. I liked it. You could bend it to a custom fit and glue in more foam if needed. I always wondered why someone would want to jury-rig something from snare drum straps when they could have used this carrier. The only bad news is they could get pretty hot standing out in the sun for a few hours.

Sure do. I played rudi bass my first year in the corps and used one of those. I liked it. You could bend it to a custom fit and glue in more foam if needed. I always wondered why someone would want to jury-rig something from snare drum straps when they could have used this carrier. The only bad news is they could get pretty hot standing out in the sun for a few hours.

We still have two at the warehouse,........

We still have two at the warehouse,........

If the upper shoulder area has golf ball size depression on each side, it might be mine. Our "rest" position was with the beaters resting on the shoulders. For dramatic effect here and there, we would hammer the beaters onto the shoulders.

If you want Gary, I'll offer to autograph one of them if it will help you sell them.

If the upper shoulder area has golf ball size depression on each side, it might be mine. Our "rest" position was with the beaters resting on the shoulders. For dramatic effect here and there, we would hammer the beaters onto the shoulders.

If you want Gary, I'll offer to autograph one of them if it will help you sell them.

LOL,..............funny story,.............my older brother played a set of double basses,............I think 22 and 24 inch,..............he used and arc carrier with the straps fully extended, and a waste strap,.........one time, he stepped in a chuck hole, the shoulder clips both popped off, and he was stuck standing there with these huge drums dangling from his waste, :w00t: ...........I guess you had to be there,............

LOL,..............funny story,.............my older brother played a set of double basses,............I think 22 and 24 inch,..............he used and arc carrier with the straps fully extended, and a waste strap,.........one time, he stepped in a chuck hole, the shoulder clips both popped off, and he was stuck standing there with these huge drums dangling from his waste, :w00t: ...........I guess you had to be there,............

We used to hammer the clip flat on the shoulder piece so it wouldn't "pop off."