DCI in Virginia

Competitively, they're not at the top of the DCA ranks, and I do not know their focus.

Shenandoah Sound has been steadily climbing the ladder for the last few years. The program has improved every year. Our focus is doing the best with what we have. Unlike some new start up corps (Both DCI and DCA), who try to begin immediately at the top and ultimately fail, ours has been slow and gradual. We dance with who we bring to the ball, so to speak. Our goals are realistic, and achievable. We would like to make finals soon!

I agree, Shenandoah Sound would be a great place to "get yer feet wet" of the drum corps experience! Its close to you, and the cost would be a small fraction of a WC or OC corps!

I agree, Shenandoah Sound would be a great place to "get yer feet wet" of the drum corps experience! Its close to you, and the cost would be a small fraction of a WC or OC corps!

Two of our brass members from the last couple years will be marching in a top-12 drum corps in 2013. They learned the activity with us and are off to college this summer and plan to audition at some big-name corps for next season. I have no doubt they'll make it based on their talent and experience with us.

We are more than happy to introduce someone to the activity. We've had a bunch of middle (yes, middle school) and high school students get their first real taste of drum corps with us. We are also thrilled to reintroduce folks to the activity-people who maybe marched back in the day who want to march again.

I can affirm Anthony's statements about the corps experience. We do travel extensively for a DCA corps. As a member of DCA South, we travel each summer to GA, FL and to the Northeast (NY, PA, etc.) and we do it all on weekends. The original poster did not indicate age or experience, but we offer a great experience for someone beginning in drum corps. Please contact me if you have any questions about the corps. We are currently looking for brass and front ensemble players.