NY SKY Alumni to Debut their 2012 Show

cvayda

You could sense the excitement and enthusiasm all day.

With the final tune-up now in the bank, SKY Alumni is ready for their premiere 2012 performance.

The 50+ horns and the usual large drum line were put through their paces yesterday in placing the finishing touches on the 2012 program.

The entire top-to-bottom show will be debuted next Saturday at the Bugler's Hall of Fame "Garfield" regional I&E (BEING HELD IN HASBROUCK HEIGHTS).

With Hall of Fame instructors Joe "JD" Jacob and Bob Farrell working the horn line while Wes Myers and Bob "Jomba" O'Connor handled the percussion, the 2012 program is ready for public consumption.

Control, Articulation, Dynamics, Phrasing, and Feeling were the focus of the day, which paid huge dividends during the final run-throughs.

NY SKY Alumni is more than ready to put it on the line for "Opening Night".

The 2012 repertoire is:

"On The Town" Opening Fanfare – from the 76 season

"Aquarius" – from the 69/70 season (the popular left-over from last year's repertoire)

"Columbia/Hymn to Victory medley Color Pre – from the 76 season

"China Grove" – a keyboard/percussion feature of the 1973 Doobie Brothers hit

"Summertime" – also from the 76 season, the famous George Gershwin tune from Porgy and Bess

"Broadway" / "NY NY" medley exit – recreating the famous "Wedge" from 1981

"Every Streets a Boulevard excerpt" – SKY's legendary Signature

"ELKS Parade" – SKY's epic Encore

If you want to catch this act, you need to come out this Saturday Feb 25 at 1pm to:

Hasbrouch Heights VFW

513 Veterans Place

Hasbrouck Heights

New Jersey, 07604

SKY Alumni will be closing the festivities at approx 4:30 and you will surely not be disappointed by the sounds

as SKY once again continues to perform the the original, legendary charts of their master arranger - HY Dreitzer.

Be sure and be there for a great afternoon of drum corps.

Edited by cvayda

With the final tune-up now in the bank, SKY Alumni is ready for their premiere 2012 performance.

The 50+ horns and the usual large drum line were put through their paces yesterday in placing the finishing touches on the 2012 program.

The entire top-to-bottom show will be debuted next Saturday at the Bugler's Hall of Fame "Garfield" regional I&E (BEING HELD IN HASBROUCK HEIGHTS).

With Hall of Fame instructors Joe "JD" Jacob and Bob Farrell working the horn line while Wes Myers and Bob "Jomba" O'Connor handled the percussion, the 2012 program is ready for public consumption.

Control, Articulation, Dynamics, Phrasing, and Feeling were the focus of the day, which paid huge dividends during the final run-throughs.

The 2012 repertoire is:

"Aquarius" – from the 69/70 season (the popular left-over from last year's repertoire)

"Summertime" – also from the 76 season, the famous George Gershwin tune from Porgy and Bess

If you want to catch this act, you need to come out this Saturday Feb 25 at 1pm to:

Hasbrouch Heights VFW

513 Veterans Place

Hasbrouck Heights

New Jersey, 07604

SKY Alumni will be closing the festivities at approx 4:30 and you will surely not be disappointed by the sounds

as SKY once again continues to perform the the original, legendary charts of their master arranger - HY Dreitzer.

... and those original horn charts will be played along with the original drum charts by Wes Myers with a sprinlking of Eric Perrilloux in Columbia and Aquarius ...

Andy "this will be a great afternoon of drum corps" Lisko

Are they still accepting applications for the horn line ?Can't read music that well.....play by ear !!!!! but i think i can pick up the music ....i've heard it once before..

Are they still accepting applications for the horn line ?Can't read music that well.....play by ear !!!!! but i think i can pick up the music ....i've heard it once before..

Applications? ... APPLICATIONS????

hmmmm ... wanna play Thunder Drum? ... Lurch has to take the year off ...

:-)

Wow, never saw or heard that before! Do you use the right ear or the left ear? What sort of "earpiece" do you use? Does this mean you have to march sideways to blend in with the rest of the hornline?

Just curious. Either way, you would be more than welcome to play with The Big Red Machine!

Ray

The 2012 repertoire is:

Hasbrouch Heights VFW

513 Veterans Place

Hasbrouck Heights

New Jersey, 07604

GREAT WRITE-UP Charlie!

Bobby ... as in prior years, the NY SIDELINERS will be using the I&E as their major (only) recruiting venue for the 2012 season ... the process is simple ... stop by the BUY BUCKY A BEER BOOTH ... buy him a beer ... and yer in!!!!! ... like I said ... simple ... and every dollar you contribute to Buck ... er ... the bar, reduces the amount you and I donate to the Social Securiy Admin to pay Bucky every month ... think of it as his part-time job adjustment ... :beer:

So ... c'mon down and sit/sip-in with the NY SIDELINERS and relive the very reason you love drum corps - the people around you!!!!!

Andy "you cordial I&E MC" Lisko