scholastic open

guard4me

What groups in scholastic open do u like?

Edited by guard4me

Ayala high school is amazing! It was so good to watch live at the Riverside regional. Lots of energy & fierce performers! A great relief to all the somber shows out there

• Like 1

Saw Marcus HS at the Austin regional. They were fun and a great show! They were promoted to Open class after the Austin regional. Really enjoyed their show. Also enjoyed Francis Howell North on the fan network. Looking forward to seeing this show again!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Francis Howell North last weekend in Independence. The fan network recordings don't do them justice. They are improving by leaps and bounds. Probably the most mature scholastic group I've ever seen in my 12 (yes I'm a youngin) years in the activity. The KC Regional run that most people watch was a pretty weak run for them.

Also hard to see on the videos some of the lower body stuff they are doing. First pose (since they have tweaked it) is extremely difficult and they stay in it for as long as the announcers take. In the Independence show, they held this pose for probably 2-3 minutes while the announcer went over some greetings from Francis Howell North Fans. My legs were burning just watching it. Some solid sabre stuff going on all over the show, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to see some great guards at the Orlando regional this weekend. Freedom is amazing. Cypress Bay is making the transition from A class to Open class very smoothly! It's great to see a program do that... at least, I think so. :-)

Stoneman Douglas looks like they're back on the map the way they used to be! Like in 2005 and 2007 in SW. The show was awesome! The talent in that colorguard is very good. Thoughts? Anyone else about any SO?

Open class is great this year!

• Like 1

Freedom and pope. If anyone beats the Freedom I saw this weekend at Orlando regionals I'd be surprised. The fan network shows how good it is, but none of the emotion. It will knock you out. hope they can do that again. Nease is pretty intense.