Can somebody help me out?

Hurcs10

Does anybody know if or where I could find the average tempos or fastest tempos, OR the loudest each corps played at finals? From any year.

I'm doing a stats project and I want to do it on drum corps, I'm going to find the correlation between the corps score, and how fast or how loud they play. Thanks!

Man, you really took on a tough assignment. I wouldn't even know where to start.

It won be too difficult, as long as i can find the tempos or whateverfor all the corps for a single year I'll just plot it against the corresponding scores and find the linear regression. But finding the tempos is going to be a huge pain... I figured if anybody knew how to find it they'd be on here haha

Hurcs10

I don't think there is any tempo data out there that will meet your thesis, even if some information exists, because tempos change during the course of the show. So perhaps the best you can do is average tempo, but I don't think that data exists either. The Cadets have been known to do the highest tempo rates at 206-208, (which doesnt mean that other Corps haven't also), but they may have done their ballad at 60 and had moments when the tempo was zero, e.g. a silent aux toss with no music or movement where the only action was the toss.

Interesting thesis idea, but I don't think the data you are looking for exists. Even if it did, I understand that your result may be "insignificant correlation". I don't think that it is commonly understood that this type result is important because if people believe there is a correlation between tempo and winning and you present evidence that there isn't, you've done your job as a scientific researcher.

Unfortunately, I think you will be hampered by a lack of data and too many variables.

Kevin

Doctor Beat knows these answers...pretty much a pain, but it is doable.

Donny

Edited by Donny Drum Corps