King Brass

They were on G horns up until 2002.

Yep... with no less than 8 2 valve instruments, still in the hornline.

People #####ed and moaned all season long online about the fact that we only went down to the 1-2 valve combination in our exercises. They said it was because, "they don't want to play against the resistance." When in reality, it was because we didn't have a fully chromatic hornline. Sometimes we did all the valve combos, and people sat out if they didn't have the valves for it, but we tried to avoid that because it sounded ganky.

• Like 1

Yep... with no less than 8 2 valve instruments, still in the hornline.

People #####ed and moaned all season long online about the fact that we only went down to the 1-2 valve combination in our exercises. They said it was because, "they don't want to play against the resistance." When in reality, it was because we didn't have a fully chromatic hornline. Sometimes we did all the valve combos, and people sat out if they didn't have the valves for it, but we tried to avoid that because it sounded ganky.

Wow! You guys still had 2 valve horns in 2002???

I never noticed.. I didn't even know what drum corps was yet though... lol

I bet the new horns in 03 were very welcomed.

As far as I know, the Mandarins are still playing on the King horns obtained circa 2007.

IIRC, Spirit used to play on Kings; do they still?

1336234243[/url]' post='3137519']

As far as I know, the Mandarins are still playing on the King horns obtained circa 2007.

IIRC, Spirit used to play on Kings; do they still?

When I talked to the director of Mandarins at one of the HS marching band shows, he said they will be using kings again.

And Spirit posted a picture on their FB of a bunch of Yamaha Mellophones, ao they made the switch to Yamaha already

Edited by Contra94

When the new & improved Ludwig marching drums come out, you'll see some corps switch back to Conn-Selmer (KING). They'll be able to get a better package deals on Ludwig Drums & King Horns.

Will be Dynasty all over again. People seem to forget, what really matters for the manufacturer is who PAY (bands, winter programs) for gear. This is the whole point of endorsements in the first place.... to get more bands buying gear.

Dynasty was crazy successful with this. Same crew that made Dynasty happen is making Ludwig happen. Ludwig has infinitely more potential than Dynasty. There is such a legacy and brand to build on, something Dynasty never had. I started out as a kid.. 12 years old.... playing Ludwig.. middle bass.... 2 girls on either side. :) I love Ludwig... they were legend... they just stopped innovating.

Edited by danielray
  • Like 3