DCI Fan Network Issues

I see that you are using Firefox and know that I often have issues with the way Firefox works in conjunction with Flash Player. I always get much better results when I open it thru Explorer.

I have tried using Explorer but get the same results, the cpu maxes out as soon as the video starts. Have also tried with Chrome and Pale Moon, which is a optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows and they all behave the same. Have had the Fan Network since it was started and have never had this problem. Fan Network is the only site I have this problem with so it is quite frustrating especially since it is also the only site I am paying for.

Using Chrome on my MacBook Pro, and the VOD are working great!

This.

Problem seems to occur when viewing on safari.

Note to self: use chrome when watching the live stream from Stanford the weekend.

One note on your iPad, the Fan Network uses Flash, and I am pretty sure that Flash does not work on iPads. Just something to consider...

I've just been watching on my iPad via Safari and it works fine. Does that mean the VODs aren't Flash?

I've just been watching on my iPad via Safari and it works fine. Does that mean the VODs aren't Flash?

That is really odd. I guess they aren't? I could have sworn drumcat was just here the other day talking about the Flash requirement. Does the iPad now support Flash?

That is really odd. I guess they aren't? I could have sworn drumcat was just here the other day talking about the Flash requirement. Does the iPad now support Flash?

The videos are stored in h.264 which iPads and iPhones (and some desktop browsers) can play natively. But if your browser *does* have Flash, you get the Flash player (which reads the same video file from the server). I think most places choose to default to using Flash because native desktop browser support for h264 video is somewhat iffy. I assume that's what drumcat was talking about. Youtube works exactly the same way.

And yes, Fan Network works great on my first-generation iPad. If you have the new one, I'm guessing it looks phenomenal!

Edited by skywhopper

As of last night, IPad does not support Flash. That's my only complaint about IPad. I am now getting cold feet about getting Fan Network. I don't have Chrome on my Mac desktop so I am kind of skeptical now. I'm no computer expert by any stretch.

Btw, Nole...you're very welcome (for the thank yous you sent my way yesterday).

I just read what the whopper posted so maybe there is hope. Thanks for the information, skywhopper.

As of last night, IPad does not support Flash. That's my only complaint about IPad. I am now getting cold feet about getting Fan Network. I don't have Chrome on my Mac desktop so I am kind of skeptical now. I'm no computer expert by any stretch.

Btw, Nole...you're very welcome (for the thank yous you sent my way yesterday).

Just download Chrome

google.com/chrome

It's free and fast. Very fast.

FWIW, I have used Fan Network with Safari and haven't gad any trouble with that either. I just prefer using Chrome as my main browser.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

Just download Chrome

google.com/chrome

It's free and fast. Very fast.

FWIW, I have used Fan Network with Safari and haven't gad any trouble with that either. I just prefer using Chrome and my main browser.

Thank you a zillion times. I will download Chrome and subscribe to Fan Network. I always liked Safari but we'll see how Chrome goes. Thanks again