Drum Corps shows in Canada

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=3bf257a4-0009-4227-ad03-8f3bd72b4fd6

I hope this takes off--it would be great to have Canadian shows (and more corps!) again.

As someone who came in to the activity after they stopped hosting shows with our northern neighbors, I always found it fascinating to hear stories of the border crossings and the happenings with drum corps up there. Anyone care to share their own?

Making sure all members of a corps have valid passports could be an issue due to the lead time needed to get one. That being said, there is a great and long standing drum corps tradition in Canada.

Making sure all members of a corps have valid passports could be an issue due to the lead time needed to get one. That being said, there is a great and long standing drum corps tradition in Canada.

Canadian (and European) corps get it done...

Edited by quegrawks

Making sure all members of a corps have valid passports could be an issue due to the lead time needed to get one.

I don't think that should be too big an issue. In the last ten years there have been at least two Div 1 / World Class corps to travel abroad (BD, Gmen), and it didn't appear to be an issue for them.

Some of my favorite memories as a member involve time spent in Montreal.

Do tell! Part of my intent with this thread was to get stories of touring time in Canada.

I performed 2 or 3x in canada. In hamilton ontario we had items stolen from our buses at the show site. Can't forget canadian football fields. Their football fields have a 55 yard line. Their end zones are 20 yards long.