Rainout Rebate Merriville, IN

The Cavaliers will honor last night's ticket holders of the Merriville, IN contest FREE entrance to the backfield bleachers at Ames Field in Michigan City, IN tomorrow night. Just bring your ticket stub to the back gate, get a new wristband and pick a seat on the back bleachers. This will not allow you access to the front side stands, but at least you will be in the house. The Cavaliers have had to deal with rainouts before at our own home shows in Naperville. IL and we know the disappointment it is for fans and corps members. We will still be selling tickets to the front side that night for $20 if you so desire. We hope to see you Saturday, show starts at 7PM, gates open at 5PM. Lineup is The Cavaliers, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Troopers, Glassmen, Spirit of Atlanta, Pioneer and Colt Cadets.

You will need to show your ticket stub from Merriville, IN to get your FREE wristband.

Craig Rasin

Co chairman, Pageant of Drums

• Like 9

Thank you Craig and the Cavaliers!

As the show sponsor, it was very difficult to finally cancel the event after a long delay. While the rain did eventually cease, there was lightning continue throughout the evening...our foremost concern. We appreciate your willingness to make this offer!

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

• Like 5

It was also "difficult" being out $57 last night for two tickets last night along with hundreds of other people. Shouldn't there have been at least a standstill exhibition in the gym so people got some bang for the buck? (A security guy in the stadium told me there wasn't going to be one --- I apologize if there was).

It was also "difficult" being out $57 last night for two tickets last night along with hundreds of other people. Shouldn't there have been at least a standstill exhibition in the gym so people got some bang for the buck? (A security guy in the stadium told me there wasn't going to be one --- I apologize if there was).

I don't know the particulars in this case, but to pull something like that off, you'd have to have school staff on duty that perhaps weren't on duty for an outdoor event...custodians to mop up the water from the floor, security people to gate off the rest of the building, someone to turn on the lights that take time to warm up, etc. Someone putting on a show makes sure everyone is hired to take care of the venue being used, but corps can't afford to have additional people hired to take care of any contingency.

And last night was such a fluke...we've been begging for rain for a month. I read an article in my local paper about Indiana having its driest June on record. That covers about 150 years! I was outside when the rumbling started and the storm moved in super fast. It formed quickly and there just wasn't that much of a chance of rain in the forecast until a couple hours prior. And this was the first hail I've witnessed since I moved to northwest Indiana in 1995.

• Like 1

A big thank you to all of our fans who showed up for our Merrillville show only to have it cancelled. We waited it out as long as possible, but the prevailing lighting did not allow us to continue that evening. The option of an indoor standstill just isn't practical for numerous logistical reasons.

We are hosting our third show on Friday, July 6th in Whitewater, WI. If you present a Merrillville ticket stub, we will provide you a free GENERAL ADMISSION ticket to the event. This is another great show lineup in a historic venue and hopefully you'll consider coming up for that show.

Thanks!

Chris Komnick

Executive Directors

Madison Scouts

• Like 1

A big thank you to all of our fans who showed up for our Merrillville show only to have it cancelled. We waited it out as long as possible, but the prevailing lighting did not allow us to continue that evening. The option of an indoor standstill just isn't practical for numerous logistical reasons.

We are hosting our third show on Friday, July 6th in Whitewater, WI. If you present a Merrillville ticket stub, we will provide you a free GENERAL ADMISSION ticket to the event. This is another great show lineup in a historic venue and hopefully you'll consider coming up for that show.

Thanks!

Chris Komnick

Executive Directors

Madison Scouts

The Cavaliers

Madison Scouts

Bluecoats

Blue Stars

Spirit of Atlanta

Glassmen

Pioneer

Colt Cadets